Default What is a MF35 Tractor worth?

I have a 1961 MF 35 Deluxe tractor with a bush hog on it. It looks rough, but runs good. I purchased it as a package deal when we bought the land. I would like to sell now. Would someone please give me an idea of what it might be worth?
    Last edited by Jkmeyers; 05-14-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Default Re: What is a MF35 Tractor worth?

What its worth depends on the shape / condition its in. I believe that TSC has a used tractor value book if you have a store near you.

If you want my opinion, I'd say if it runs decent I'll take it off your hands for free and If you're close by I won't even charge you my time to pick it up. (LOL)

By the way... Welcome to the group

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    MF165, MF1020

Rough I assume the whole tractor is rough. Running good means no leaks and hydraulic lift works good. If this is the case and the rotary cutter is 5ft and OK. I'd say around $2500. I've seen really clean tractors of this type go with no equipment for $3200 but rough ones go as low as $1200 if any mechanical problem exists. It just costs alot to pay someone to fix tractors. The diesel is preferred by most and since gas prices are higher will get better performance that way.

Massey Ferguson 35
    TractorData.com - Massey Ferguson 35

Good luck on your sale. Post a picture and what you decide to sell for. Someone may be close and like to buy.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Numerous

JK:

Wow. How blue is the sky?

I sold a good FE-35 with Perkins diesel about six weeks ago for $3900 but most, diesel or otherwise do not bring this much.

I also have a 61 35 Deluxe with Perkins diesel, F&R weights, remote valve and 5 foot cutter priced at $5500. Yesterday two buyers told me that they would buy it but so far I have not gotten a deposit.

That said, both of these tractors have the Perkins diesel and neither are run of the mill.

I can tell you from experience that my local MF dealer was not even interested in traveling 20 miles to see them when I asked about trading one or both in on a new MF.

I have seen gassers priced between $1500-$5000.

SDT

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

I was just at an auction where they sold one for $4000. It had 69 hours on the hour meter and I believe that it was actual time as the tractor looked like it had never/hardly been used. That was a tad rich for my blood since I didn't need it but had it gone a bit cheaper, I wouldn't have been able to help myself and might have taken it home.
    There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bronze Member

I don't know much about MF, or tractors in general, but a buddy of mine who does know alot just had someone give him a nonrunning MF T035 with new tires on it. He was offered $800 for it as he stopped for fuel on the way home, even after he told the guy it didn't run. My guess would be it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jkmeyers
    I have a 1961 MF 35 Deluxe tractor with a bush hog on it. It looks rough, but runs good. I purchased it as a package deal when we bought the land. I would like to sell now. Would someone please give me an idea of what it might be worth?
    Rough as in ROUGH, or rough as in a 46 year old tractor? As asked already, diesel or gas? Either way, this is a great time of year to sell that sort of tractor. The MF35 has a great rep. I've seen 'em sell as low as $2000 and as high as $5500. Mower adds a few bucks. On average, expect about $3000 if tires are good and she starts ok. (35 Deluxe will have live power. That adds to value)

A friend just shelled out $4500 for a REAL ROUGH 35 w/ bush hog last weekend.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.