Backhoe Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe?

/ Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe? #1  

sr160009

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 231s
I have a MF 231 and was thinking about buying a new backhoe. I would like some of ya'll opinion on which one I should think about buying. I looked at the Bushhog 750 and think it is a good backhoe. Maybe some of ya'll may have a different idea. I know I will need a PTO pump for it, since my hydralic pump is 3.3 gal/min min and 4 gal/min max (according to my specs.) and my PTO HP is 34hp. So I would like some input.

Thanks

/ Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe? #2  
I don't know how helpful this is but I have a BH 80x from woods and it works great. However I have never used any of the other brands for comparison. I have had one leak from a seal under the manifold but that was fixed under warrenty. The subframe and hoe installed cost me about 6k .... but others have told me before that I got a great deal. Others have came in as high as 7.5k.

Good luck with whatever you choose.... they are sure fun to work.

/ Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe?
jacobweaver32 said:
I don't know how helpful this is but I have a BH 80x from woods and it works great. However I have never used any of the other brands for comparison. I have had one leak from a seal under the manifold but that was fixed under warrenty. The subframe and hoe installed cost me about 6k .... but others have told me before that I got a great deal. Others have came in as high as 7.5k.

Good luck with whatever you choose.... they are sure fun to work.

Thanks, I will keep it in mind.