Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 231s

Default Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe?

I have a MF 231 and was thinking about buying a new backhoe. I would like some of ya'll opinion on which one I should think about buying. I looked at the Bushhog 750 and think it is a good backhoe. Maybe some of ya'll may have a different idea. I know I will need a PTO pump for it, since my hydralic pump is 3.3 gal/min min and 4 gal/min max (according to my specs.) and my PTO HP is 34hp. So I would like some input.

Thanks

Tractor
    MF 1533

Default Re: Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe?

I don't know how helpful this is but I have a BH 80x from woods and it works great. However I have never used any of the other brands for comparison. I have had one leak from a seal under the manifold but that was fixed under warrenty. The subframe and hoe installed cost me about 6k .... but others have told me before that I got a great deal. Others have came in as high as 7.5k.

Good luck with whatever you choose.... they are sure fun to work.
    1533, HYDRO, 1525FEL, BHX80 Scooper, PRD 84" rear mower, Woods 72" BB and R4s.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 231s

Default Re: Massey 231, thinking about a backhoe?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobweaver32
    I don't know how helpful this is but I have a BH 80x from woods and it works great. However I have never used any of the other brands for comparison. I have had one leak from a seal under the manifold but that was fixed under warrenty. The subframe and hoe installed cost me about 6k .... but others have told me before that I got a great deal. Others have came in as high as 7.5k.

Good luck with whatever you choose.... they are sure fun to work.

Thanks, I will keep it in mind.
    Life is short, make dreams happen