Been busy

/ Been busy #1  

Ray2310

Silver Member
Tractor
GC2310
Just wanted to post some pics of some of the projects I have done with my new GC2310. I wiped out my old garden and put in some raised planting beds, cleared out some brush, dug out aprox 10 stumps and dozens of other little things I probably would not have done if not for having a tractor.

I'm at 85 fun lovin hours of use. Now saving to get a trailer to haul it around.

Attachments

• Garden bed1.JPG
    Garden bed1.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Garden bed2.JPG
    Garden bed2.JPG
    663.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Garden bed3.JPG
    Garden bed3.JPG
    668 KB · Views: 183
  • Brush removal.JPG
    Brush removal.JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Stump1.JPG
    Stump1.JPG
    655 KB · Views: 236
  • Stump2.JPG
    Stump2.JPG
    691.3 KB · Views: 209
   / Been busy #2  
Nice looking work that you have done there. Those reaised planting beds really look great. I have often thought of doing something just like that. Haven't got the area for the area completely done yet. Hope to get the garden in next year. Pretty good looking stump that you got out also. Here the stump I took out last weekend.

Attachments

• DSCN1916.JPG
    DSCN1916.JPG
    835.7 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN1921.JPG
    DSCN1921.JPG
    905.1 KB · Views: 189
   / Been busy #4  
Great looking place Ray! The raised beds look real nice. Archerynut, did you drag the stump around a little bit to show it off? :)

/ Been busy #5  
mark4Jesus said:
Great looking place Ray! The raised beds look real nice. Archerynut, did you drag the stump around a little bit to show it off? :)

The little red MF'er didn't even spin tires and I had the turfs on because I didn't feel like changing to the Ag's. I will have to admit that I did drag it around a little bit to show off. The neighbor lady told me later that she didn't think that little tractor could do that.

/ Been busy #6  
Those raised beds look good Ray... Did you use pressure treated timbers or cedar, etc?

What are the dimensions of those beds?

Looks great!

/ Been busy
DMF,

I used 4'X8' treated landscape timbers from Lowes. The beds measure 4'x16'. My wife has plans for me to put 5 more in this fall. The raised beds make gardening so much easier.

Ray

/ Been busy #8  
Ray:
Looks great! Amazing how much work that the GC series tractors can do! Great pictures!
Dennis

Dennis-1528, FEL, Loaded Tires, F150

/ Been busy #9  
Ray2310 said:
DMF,

I used 4'X8' treated landscape timbers from Lowes. The beds measure 4'x16'. My wife has plans for me to put 5 more in this fall. The raised beds make gardening so much easier.

Ray

Raised beds are the way to go for sure... I've been wanting to put some in for some time now. You are not concerned about the chemicals in the PT wood leaching into the ground? I was kind of worried about that and I was thinking of getting some cedar from a mill in Maine to use instead...