Massey 1240

/ Massey 1240 #1  

db05

Need some help with a tractor value please. What would be a fair price for the below:

Massey 1240
MFWD
Diesel
1124 Hours
With Loader
Paints appears a little faded

Any other positive or negative comments are appreciated. Thanks.

/ Massey 1240 #2  
db05 said:
Need some help with a tractor value please. What would be a fair price for the below:

Massey 1240
MFWD
Diesel
1124 Hours
With Loader
Paints appears a little faded

Any other positive or negative comments are appreciated. Thanks.
I noticed no response to your question, maybe I can help. I have a 1240, I bought it a few years ago with 150 hrs on the clock for $13200. It came with loader and new box blade and was in brand new condition.

What determines price on a tractor is more so condition than any other factor. 1124 hrs is really not too much, providing it has been maintained. There are tractor 'blue book' websites that can give you approximate pricing, as for my opinion I would first be absolutely sure everything works, the engine sounds smooth, clutch and transmission operate OK, and that there are no obvious signs of neglect, meaning welds on the loader frame, home made repairs, you get the idea. All in all if everything checks out good, and you are sure there are no repair issues, my guess would be around $10k. Sometimes its a good idea to pay a mechanic to look a used tractor over before buying it.

As for that model, I have been very pleased with mine. I have the 16 speed transmission with shuttle shift and ag tires, all of which I really like. The shuttle shift is a 'must' for me having spent many years operating commercial backhoe/loaders that all have that feature. the R-1, or agricultural tires, are another plus if you plan to use the tractor for field work or in loose soil, they don't look as cool as R-4 industrial types, but they are all I'd personally have on a small machine. I tell you that little 1240 of mine is unstopable in 4WD.

Have fun and good luck.

Attachments

• MF Tractor 20.JPG
    MF Tractor 20.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,106