Grapple on GC 2310

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #1  

DannyLobster

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey GC 2310 TLB, Gravely 526
Well my Milonzi grapple finally arrived.
Works like a charm

I did notice the curl does not seem as strong. I suspect it is due to the increased leverage.

Attachments

• grapple_010comp.JPG
    grapple_010comp.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 586
   / Grapple on GC 2310 #2  
Man, that looks big. Maybe it is just the angle of photo. The difference in curl will more than likely be the added length and weight.

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #3  
Nice looking machine there. Makes my 2310 jealous!!! It needs a new toy soon.

/ Grapple on GC 2310
JerryG said:
Man, that looks big. Maybe it is just the angle of photo. The difference in curl will more than likely be the added length and weight.
It is only 48 inches wide and weighs about 250 pounds. It is very deep whcih will be nice and it opens very wide.
It still has good lift. One of the first things I did was pick up a granite post which was close to eight feet long without any trouble. Far easier than I could have with my four foot bucket.

Dan

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #6  
hey dan what did you pay for your whole setup? I'm looking to get something top help me move around firewood and lift it in the air and cut it. instead of always bending over with my timberjack...

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #7  
How much weight can you really pick up with it though?

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #8  
if the grapple weighs 250-275 then minus that from from the payload. I assume I can lift 600 pounds. I'm just looking to get the logs like 4 feet of the ground so I don't have to keep bending over. if anyone has any better ideas I am all ears and ready to listen. I also emailed some other companies that have grapples that aren't as big as the one dan has

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #9  
If I'm not mistaken, the 2300 FEL was rated to lift something like 450lbs.

If the grapple weighs more than the original bucket, you have to take that additional weight, off the 450 lbs.

And, I am willing to bet the grapple weighs more than the bucket.

It looks cool as ****. But, I'm not sure there is enough lifting capacity left to do much.

/ Grapple on GC 2310 #10  
If I'm not mistaken, the 2300 FEL was rated to lift something like 450lbs.

If the grapple weighs more than the original bucket, you have to take that additional weight, off the 450 lbs.

And, I am willing to bet the grapple weighs more than the bucket.

It looks cool as ****. But, I'm not sure there is enough lifting capacity left to do much.

The bucket on my gc1715 dl95 loader is 155 pounds. If the grapple weighs 250 . . Then its lifting limit spec needs to minus 95 pounds. But there are other considerations too. Is there a quic attach involved and its weight too ?

Next, consider that. The grapple shown is physically larger than a bucket.. The bucket typically put most of its weight "close to the pins . . but with that grapple you might grab the weight much further out than with a bucket . . . also effecting its weight lifting potential.