3-Point Hitch GC2310 three point attachments

/ GC2310 three point attachments #1  

plowking

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 MF 1531 TLB
My dealer told me the 2310 is a lo profile machine, it needs lo pro three point attachments to work. I got a price of 650.00 for a lo pro 60 inch york rake, an additional 300.00 for the wheel kit. Is this a fair price or should I look around or are lo pro attachments rare? Thanks. plowking

/ GC2310 three point attachments #2  
I don't think that your dealer is right. The big brand names do make "estate" series implements that are designed for subcuts, however there are many members on TBN that use full CAT1 with their subcuts. I have a Kubota bx1500 and use a full size CAT1 rake.

What brand/model rake is it? Also, if you are able to fab up a set of wheels, you could save a bunch of cash.

/ GC2310 three point attachments #3  
I recently rented a 48" full cat-1 rake with gauge wheels for use with my gc2300

I found I could have easily pulled a 60 , (and a even 72 if not in heavy roots or large buried rock).

But, I found that the "low profile" nature of tractor resulted in the rake tines to be a non optimal angle when grading (floating between the wheels and the 3pt). The front end of the rake was too low, causing the tines to sometimes rise over the material being carried. Additional the material would not always "roll" in to a windrow.

The above conditions seems to be solveable by adujsting the top link and the hieght of the gauge wheels. However this resulted in the lower arms being at a higher postion when the rake was engage with ground. This resulted in reducing the ground clearance at max lift. This was an issue in the terrian I was working.

Low profile rakes appear have shorter tines, and would likely have addressed my situation.

Moral of the story: If you can rent the rake and try it

BTW. That Supply Chain (TSC) store sells low profile rakes at a lower cost then you quoted , but the custom order gauge wheels makes your price competative.