Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35A

Default Why discontinue 400 series??

My brother was thinking of buying a MF tractor to leave on my Dad's farm in the NC mountains. I saw where the 400 series has special financing (0% for 6 yrs) and thought this might be a good option.

Does anyone know why MF is discontinuing this series? Was it for performance reasons? Should he be wary of buying one?

thanks.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Numerous

Default Re: Why discontinue 400 series??

Only AGCO management knows but I suspect that it is due to the costs necessary to keep them competitive with compact tractors and to meet increasingly draconian emissions regulations.

The 421/533 is a direct decendent of the original 9N Ford/Ferguson that came out in 1939. Quite a run, I'd say.

I took delivery of a 2007 531 last Saturday. I had been watching them for some time because it has long been the least expensive "real" tractor on the market. When I found out that they were discontinuing them, I found a good deal and bought one

Do not delay if you want one. The replacements will no doubt be considerably more expensive.

SDT