Tractor
    '98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231

Default Massey Ferguson

Hey ya'll,

What is the going price of the Massey Ferguson 533? I'm looking at that model- along with a couple models from the Mahindra line of tractors.

I live near Livingston, LA but there seems to be no Massey dealers around.

Also, I heard the Massey Ferguson hydraulic system is not good (from numerous people). Don't know how true it is, but its what I was told.

My uncle has a 97' Massey Ferguson 231. The hydraulics barely work, but if you saw the looks of the tractor you would be amazed that the hydraulics even worked at all!

Travis R
    '98 Massey Ferguson 231

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

Default Re: Massey Ferguson

The 533 has 13.4 gpm at the remotes. That is plenty for that size of tractor. With the combining valve, it ups it to 18.9 gpm. The 231 is just like the older 35 and 135s. They weren't really designed for loaders to start with.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

This appears to be your closest dealer at 30 miles. They don't have a very good internet site.
    Cane Equip Coop Inc

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Numerous

Travis:

I just took delivery on a 533 about 3 weeks ago. I have no fault with the hydraulic system nor did I fault the hydraulic system on the two 1961 MF-35 that I sold this spring.

The 533 has been discontinued so the only ones available are those already in the pipeline. If you want one don't wait long.

I believe that I got about as good of a deal as I could on mine: $14,000 cash with dual remotes, combining valve, horizontal exhaust and full tank delivered.

SDT

Tractor
    '98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231

If the 533 has been discontinued, what model will take its place?

I got a quote from one of the dealers in my 'area' of $13,297.00 cash price.
    '98 Massey Ferguson 231

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Numerous

Travis:

There is a new line of MF tractors soon to be out that are replacing the 533, 543 and maybe the 563. I cannot remember the numbers now but someone else will probably provide them. The new ones are more modern, and no doubt, more expensive.

I've seen 533s advertised fairly regularly for $12,999 without the dual remotes ($1,000), combining valve ($800), or horizontal exhaust ($150?). You can probably do a bit better than the quote that you have if you pay cash.

SDT

My Massey 283 has never given any Hydraulics Trouble . There has been other thing but not the Hydraulic .The 4x4 pull handle is on the left side an the wires are at the bottom and it will get pull off all the time .That was a bad place to put it.