GC2300/10 Seat Safety Disconnect Switch

/ GC2300/10 Seat Safety Disconnect Switch #1  

Aguanga

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
I own a 2300 and suspect that MF used the same seat safety switch on the 2310 a possibly the others in the CUT line-up. My machine only has 140 hrs yet it's been giving me a lot of headache with the seat switch. It always seems to start just fine at first; but if I get off the machine (brake on, in neutral) then get back on and put the HST in gear it regularly shuts itself off. :mad: Lately it's taken a lot of tries shifting my butt on the seat and bouncing the seat a few times before it will go into gear without killing the engine. Has anyone else had problems with these switches? I'd like to keep all of the safety switches in place and operating, so I'd like to avoid bypassing the switch. Thanks in advance for the advice.

/ GC2300/10 Seat Safety Disconnect Switch #2  
I found that the seat switch on my 1528 was too sensitive. Just pushing in the clutch was enough to relieve some of the pressure on the switch and the engine wanted to shut down. The dealer gave me a 2" disk of 1/4" self-adhesive high density foam to place between the switch and the seat cushion. This simple fix cured the problem.

I got the impression that the disk is a Massey part, so you may want to check with your dealer.

/ GC2300/10 Seat Safety Disconnect Switch #3  
Somewhere around 140 hrs is when mine died. It was about 6AM on a cold snowy morning (the tractor was outside covered with a tarp) when I went out to blow some snow. The tractor would start but as soon as I put it in gear it would quit. I put a bypass jumper on it until I could get a switch from my dealer.

/ GC2300/10 Seat Safety Disconnect Switch
Thanks moof and loulblades! It sounds like I'll have to try the adhesive foam disc and then the switch if the bandaid doesn't work.