New 2600 series.

/ New 2600 series. #3  
WilliamBos said:
Hi All,

No pics, just info.

If you click on the MF link at the end of the article you can you the 2600 series info.;)

/ New 2600 series.
Bandybear said:
If you click on the MF link at the end of the article you can you the 2600 series info.;)

Thanks. When I posted the link, the MF website had not been updated. So I wonder if these are built in India by Tafe? ( Simpson = Perkins. ) I would love to try the SISU powered 3600 Series.

Take care,

Will

/ New 2600 series. #5  
I've always liked Massey Ferguson. Especially when my uncle bought his new 231 back in 1997. To be quite honest, that is the model tractor I am thinking about buying (not his) when I sell my Yanmar YM2500. The 231 Massey Ferguson is my most favorite tractor manufactured by MF. With that said, the John Deere 1050 is my most favorite John Deere tractor.

With the looks (Simpson engines) of the new MF 2600 series tractors, it looks to me that a feller could go buy a TAFE tractor and save money.

I went and drove a couple Tafe tractors a couple years ago when there was a local Tafe dealer here. With that said, I did like the Tafe tractors but liked the Mahindras a Lot better.

Maybe the new 2600 series won't cost as much as the older 200, 400 and 500 series MFs. (I'm talking about the new 2605 compared to the 231, 431 and 533).

I am fixing to buy either a used 231 Massey Ferguson (which is what I REALLY want), or a used or new Mahindra. I haven't decided yet. I know when the money gets right, it'll end up being the 231. :D

Travis R

/ New 2600 series. #6  
These tractors are on the MF site now. First impression from seeing the pics on the site are that it's the 4/500 series tractor with the 3600 styling. The 2605 still has drum brakes, operator platform looked the same as well.

/ New 2600 series. #7  
You might be able to get a 400 series discounted after the 2600s start showing up. I know that my dealer still has a 2wd model or two still on the lot.

/ New 2600 series. #8  
Hi All,

No pics, just info.

Three New Massey Ferguson Utility Tractors

These will replace some of the 500 series models. Not too familiar with Simpson diesel engines, although I am pretty sure they use them in the India built TAFE ( MF ) series.

Take care,

Will

I own a massey Ferguson 2605,and it is the best workhorse I have ever been on. the only difference in a simpson engine and a perkins engine is the name. But both are exactly the same. Ive owned a 231,240,245,35,135,and a 165, but the 2605 is by far the best flexible,dependable and comfortable tractor ive ever owned. I highly recommend one.

/ New 2600 series. #9  
buy a 2605 if you want a tractor,not a toy not junk and dang sure not green.