New 2300

/ New 2300 #1  

homer8206

I just purchased a new MF 2300 with a FEL, MMM. As i have read when the bucket is full its a little tippy. Can anyone let me know how i can get the best bang for the buck when adding weight. What is the best way and what is the cheapest way.

/ New 2300 #2  
I have been looking at a 2300 myself. what do you mean when you say it is tippy with the loader bucket full?

/ New 2300 #3  
There are a bunch of different ways to add weight to lessen the tippyness. You could load the tires, that would afford you a lower center of gravity and more weight in the rear. More stable all around. However, if you are worried about leaving marks in your lawn this may not be the best option.

Option two - add some rear wieght. You can get a ballast box to add the desired weight. You can make you own cheap, there are a lot of plans on TBN for the do it yourselfer. You could also get a rear implement for weight. A box blade is a good option because it has a lot of different uses and you can add more weight to it if you need it.

Option three - take back the 2300 and get a 2310. The BH does wonders for counterweight.

/ New 2300 #4  
Option three, good one arch!

/ New 2300 #5  
I added about 240lbs real easy and real cheap to rear wheels. went to local homer depot and bought a 35 gal trash can 3 bags of crete and a steel conduit long enough to get through barrel (35 gal can) and a c channel piece of steel.. drilled 2 holes for conduit at right height for 3 pt hitch lift arms with holes in the steel for a clevis pin. filled barrle with crete, with c channel mounted to pick up 3rd arm holes pre dilled. cheap like real cheap and we are talking 240 lbs counter weight. pics can be added if needed..

/ New 2300 #6  
There are all kinds of ways to add weight to these things. Before I filled my tires, I bought a 3PH carry-all at TSC for a little over a $100 then bolted some treated lumber to it (I used 5/8" decking). I then strapped several 12" blocks on it.

Once the wood is added as a deck on the carry-all, it can be used for all kinds of tasks. Among many other things I have strapped a ladder on it for a moving platform to put up the Christmas lights. I also bolted an angle on the back of it and added a ball and another small piece of angle with a hole to pull other than 3PH implements (it's kind of a pain to get at the one on the tractor).

To see some of the apps people use these things for look here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/101321-carryall-use.html?highlight=carryall

Good luck with your new toy (I mean tool).

/ New 2300
fireguy1451 said:
I added about 240lbs real easy and real cheap to rear wheels. went to local homer depot and bought a 35 gal trash can 3 bags of crete and a steel conduit long enough to get through barrel (35 gal can) and a c channel piece of steel.. drilled 2 holes for conduit at right height for 3 pt hitch lift arms with holes in the steel for a clevis pin. filled barrle with crete, with c channel mounted to pick up 3rd arm holes pre dilled. cheap like real cheap and we are talking 240 lbs counter weight. pics can be added if needed..

Thanks for the reply can you post the pics

/ New 2300 #9  
Here is a pic

Attachments

• IMG_0590 (2).jpg
    IMG_0590 (2).jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 438
   / New 2300 #10  
Fireguy; Did that give you enough counter weight to really load the front bucket?