1533 no start, problem?

/ 1533 no start, problem?
jeepcj7 said:
It will only take you 5 - 10 minutes to replace the solenoid. Remove the 2 bolts, pull the solenoid straight out the back until the pin on the solemoid is fully exposed. Be careful not to damage the gasket. Reverse the procedure to install the solenois. 1100, 1200 & 1400 series had overide boot, 1500 series does not. When key is OFF, the solenoid will not let fuel pass thru. On earlier series, solenoid was energized by a capacitor for ~ 10 seconds to shut off fuel as soon as key was turned off.

Um I did that already (removed to test), look at my other post.

Well here is the photo I said I would take.

And I'm happy I took the photo before I called on the cost of this thing...

$217.00!!! I mean come on, it is a solenoid! I am going to go there and check to make sure he is looking at the right part... If this is true I guess I have to load the tractor on the trailer and they can fix it under warranty.

Again can anyone confirm this price before I go over there later this afternoon?

Info...
Woodward
Model 1503 SOL
P/N SK-1043-58 REV.2
S/N 2006505 0605 VDC 12

Attachments

• 100_1101.jpg
    100_1101.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 3,471
All fixed, she is running again... Dealer was nice and gave me the part over the counter.

Time to get to work.

/ 1533 no start, problem? #24  
Mornin Steve,
Wow one expensive selenoid !!! Glad you got her fixed ! The only thing I had right on my diagnose was I agreed with you on the electrical issue being the cause ! :)

Yes it was/is some money... IF I had to pay for it I would had taken it apart and see if I could have fix it. I would bet it was nothing but a burnt connection.

/ 1533 no start, problem? #26  
MrSteve said:
Yes it was/is some money... IF I had to pay for it I would had taken it apart and see if I could have fix it. I would bet it was nothing but a burnt connection.

I agree Steve, there isnt much to the guts in a selenoid ! If you could get inside you might have been able to do something with it ! Glad you got in under the wire ! ;)

/ 1533 no start, problem? #27  
Steve,
Thanks for the "blow by blow" account. Stuff like this will keep me from spending alot of time trying to figure out how to fix stuff!

No problem... I have always done what I have here when I have a problem. This helps people and helps me when others think out of the box I could be in.

/ 1533 no start, problem? #29  
Hello All

New to the forum and have a quick question.

Same set of problems as MrSteve, found the solenoid to the be the culprit. Only one thing that is troubling me.

MrSteve when you removed the solenoid,was there oil leaking from the injector? When I removed the solenoid, and when I pushed on the inside of the pump to shut it off there was motor oil. Should oil be present?

I dont feel that there should be any oil leakage there. Any idea as to where the seepage is coming from. Its not a horrible amount, but enough to coat the tip of your finger when you engage the shutoff plunger.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I have Googled til im blue in the face, and this is the only situation I have found that helped me.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly there was a very small amount. Even with the low hours at the time it didn't bother me. With that said if you have 100s of hours on the unit and it wasn't a crazy amount I wouldn't worry about it, as in if was nothing but a dip stick worth when checking the oil, I think you are ok.

Where it comes from? I assume from the seal where the pump connects to the engine and that seal over time is letting a very small amount of oil get past and it just sits in that chamber where the solenoid sits, then the oil has no place to go after because it is sealed by the solenoid.