Oil & Fuel Bleed Fuel Line

/ Bleed Fuel Line #1  

mcnitt

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3430
Oops...Had a little fuel filter problem and have to replace the element. In the meantime all the fuel leaked out of the tank and now I have to bleed the system.

How do I bleed the fuel system once the tank has run dry?

Thanks

/ Bleed Fuel Line #2  
I have a 1528. I know nothing about the 1200 series but I can't seem to get an answer to a similar problem. I can't figure out how so many people can look at a thread and not take a moment to help unless everyone here knows nothing about tractors...lol ...anyway I have 2 bleeder screws on mine...1 on the filter bowl cover and 1 on the injection pump. The manual says fill the tank and open the screws to let the air bleed. Do not crank while they are open. Please take this from someone with limited knowledge. I am reading what the book says...however I am trying to figure out whether the key should be on to pump the fuel or is it gravity feed......Hope this helps

/ Bleed Fuel Line #3  
well
if you don't pump anything and you turn the bleed screws open and the filter to bleed and after a while fuel comes out, it's gravity feed.

If not, somewhere on the fuel pump, there's a little hand pump that you pump and pump til you get the air out.

/ Bleed Fuel Line #4  
I don't know about the 1200 series. My 1533 has a small -- toggle, handle, switch, whatever you want to call it -- right above the fuel bowl. One direction is on for fuel delivery, one is off, and one says air, which would lead me to assume, and you know about assuming, this is the bleed-off. Mine will gravity fill after changing the filter and cleaning the bowl. I believe I have a bleed off on the pump also, but I'm not home to check it. Hope this helps.

dartagnansblade, yours should be similar, I don't have the manual for a 1528, so I can't say for sure. They are the same engine, though.

/ Bleed Fuel Line
Thanks, Gang-
At least now I have an idea where to start.

/ Bleed Fuel Line #6  
Hi I just saw this thread have you fixed the problem yet if not let me know I have a very large MF Microfice Library I could see what kind of pumpo that is on it and I could tell you how you will need to bleed it let me kno if you need the help sorry I didn't see this sooner or I would have jumped in and helped you with it
My new E-Mail Address is tweld@windstream.net