FEL Hydraulic question

/ FEL Hydraulic question #1  

rope1

Tractor
AGCO ST34 A
Since we don't warrant our own section, I'll jump in here with the MF guys. I've got an Agco ST34, which is a twin to your 1533's, and the loader cylinders seem to be acting up. With the bucket off the ground and partially curled, I can actually get the bucket to curl 6" to 8" buy lifting up on the cutting edge by hand. The cylinders all show a little leakage, but nothing really bad. Am I getting air in the cylinders possibly?

/ FEL Hydraulic question #2  
That sounds like air in a cylinder to me. I had a leaky cylinder on a New Idea 512 and if I didn't swing it all the way to the left and then all the way back to the right to fill the cylinderwith fluid, the haybine would just go were ever it felt like going. That wasn't really a bad leak either, but air is thinner than hydraulic fluid and it doesn't take much of a leak to let alot of air in

/ FEL Hydraulic question #3  
When you try to curl the bucket the same distance with the joystick, is there a long lag in the time that it takes to start moving or does it move pretty quick?

/ FEL Hydraulic question
The only time I get much delay is when I fully extend the bucket cylinders, and then try to retract them. After its cycled a few times it gets better, which makes me think air might be to blame. Makes it really hard to do much digging when the bucket is essentially in float since I can't hold the cutting edge solid.

/ FEL Hydraulic question #5  
It does it when you dump a load the worst right? It's cavitation. The fluid leaves the rod end of the cylinder faster than the fluid can come in the base end. If you operate at a higher RPM you will see less of this, as the pump is moving more fluid. If your valve has a regen function you can eliminate it all together. If you do a search on cavitation, you will learn all you need to know. :)

/ FEL Hydraulic question #6  
rback33 said:
It does it when you dump a load the worst right? It's cavitation. The fluid leaves the rod end of the cylinder faster than the fluid can come in the base end. If you operate at a higher RPM you will see less of this, as the pump is moving more fluid. If your valve has a regen function you can eliminate it all together. If you do a search on cavitation, you will learn all you need to know. :)

Heeeeey, 1000 posts, congratulations.:cool:

/ FEL Hydraulic question #7  
I installed a one way restrictor from the MF dealer that stopped that from happening. It didn't slow down the time to dump or curl the bucket, but it did get rid of the hesitation. p/n was was 4269830M1 and a couple fittings. Put the restrictor on the top steel line on the side of the loader line and make sure the arrow on hte restrictor is pointing forward.