Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese

/ Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese #1  

N1ST

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have no trouble putting greese into all zirks except the one on the forward/reverse pedal. Either I can't push any greese in or it all comes out around the zirk. I've replaced the zirk, and a pin will push in the ball. It does seem smaller than the other zirks. Anybody else have this problem? What could the problem be?

Also, this is a metric zirk, no? Why would no metric wrench I have fit it - only an sae 5/16's (if I remember correctly) would fit.

/ Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese #2  
The threaded part will be metric.
Try pushing the pedal down one way or the other as you put grease in. Sometimes that will work. You might also try adjusting the grease tip on the grease gun. Most are made so that they can be tightened or loosened up to fit the zerts better.

/ Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese
Jerry,

I'll give that a try - seems logical.

I think the gun tip is a good fit because no greese spills out on the outside of the zirk - I just can't squeeze the lever. I've been to every place I can find trying to find an adjustable tip. If you know of any store in CT that carries them or a place on the net - please let me know.

/ Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese #4  
Just the other day I had to remove a zerk and then use a drill bit to clean out the hole. I spun the dril dit with my fingers and it dug out the dried grease.

/ Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese #5  
Similar experience as Tig...in my case there was a big burr causing the blockage. Bad part was a press in fitting so had to clear the problem from the inside.

/ Greese Zirk on forward/reverse pedal won't take greese
This is a followup for anyone experiencing something similar. I took off the zirk and cleaned out the hole with a paper towel. There was some of my color greese on the inside (good sign)! I could easily see the interior shaft and see it moving when I depressed the pedal. The hole was well formed and nothing blocking it. I replaced the zirk and tried pushing greese in again. This time as I watched carefully, a very small amout of greese came out the end. The greese gun handle movement wasn't even noticable.

I think there is very very little clearance around the interior shaft and this is why it is so hard to push greese in and notice any coming out. Tight clearances are a good thing, right!