2310TLB Trailer ball modification

/ 2310TLB Trailer ball modification #1  

dragula

Bronze Member
Hey All,
I haven't posted here in a while but I thought that some of you may like to see my latest custom modification to my GC2310 TLB.

I'm sure that many of you have the same problem that I do in the fact that you probably have a utility trailer or two sitting around your yard that you constantly have to move to cut grass or whatever. I actually have an 18' car hauler trailer, boat trailer and utility trailer that always seem to be in my way. I usually just used the front bucket to lift up the trailer and move it forward or back but this scratches up the trailer, can pinch the trailer wires, etc.

So, I wanted to mount a trailer ball on my backhoe but I couldn't really find a decent place to mount it directly on the backhoe bucket or boom that wouldn't interfere with digging.

So, I mounted it where it is out of the way of everything as you can see in the pics below. This way, I can just back up to the trailer, raise the outrigger under the trailer hitch, lift it up and move the trailer anywhere. The outrigger picks up my heaviest trailer with ease. :D

IMG_0268-600x449.jpg

IMG_0267-600x449.jpg

IMG_0269-600x449.jpg

/ 2310TLB Trailer ball modification #2  
Looks like a good job with the mod... have you tried it yet? The reason I ask is by the photos it looks as if there is no room for the hitch to hook to the ball because of being so close to your BH foot.

/ 2310TLB Trailer ball modification
MrSteve said:
Looks like a good job with the mod... have you tried it yet? The reason I ask is by the photos it looks as if there is no room for the hitch to hook to the ball because of being so close to your BH foot.

Yea, I've used it a couple of times. I measured that distance when I mocked it all up (before welding it). My car trailer needed at least 1/2" between the ball and the flange on the trailer mount. I have almost 1" between the ball and foot.

I could've made it a little taller to clear the foot but I didn't want the ball sticking up any higher than necessary in case I ever use the BH with the outrigger feet flipped over. I didn't want all of the weight riding just on the trailer ball.