MF35 tyre pressures?

/ MF35 tyre pressures? #1  

Chris Wilson

I use a 3 cylinder diesel MF35 to mainly move full size round bales, either on a 3 PT fork, or on the FEL bucket spikes, to drop them into a feeder ring. When the FEL is in use I have the original MF concrete weight on the back for balance. Can someone suggest tyre pressures to use? Thanks. Also, what about pressures when say using a roller or chain harrow on the back? Again, thanks :)

/ MF35 tyre pressures? #2  
Chris, the manual for my gas MF 35 shows the following tire pressures:

Front: 24 lbs. min. - 28 lbs. max
Rear: (excluding 13-24 tires) 12 lbs. min. - 16 lbs. max
Rear: 13-24 tires: 14 lbs. min. - 18 lbs. max

Bob

/ MF35 tyre pressures?
Oh dear, I have about 40 PSI in the fronts, moving round bales with the FEL resulted in VERY squashed front tyres at 20 PSI

The rears I put at 25 PSI, I'll have a play with the pressures then. Thanks for the reply :)

/ MF35 tyre pressures? #4  
Just my 2 cents, I dunno about what the factory spec's are, but on the tire sidewall, there will be max load@PSI ratings... check that, if you got a FEL, and that kinda load, air 'em up to the max PSI listed, and go for it... doesn't mean that you arn't over loading the poor ol' tractor and FEL, but the tires should hold it... rear ones you might need to play with to find what works...

On a side note, my ol' man's MF135 broke the casting for the front axle pivot, and broke the axle also... found parts from a MF35, they fit, and are made heavier. That was 25 years ago, getting gravel out of the creek with a FEL, and it's worked great ever since... tuff little tractors... friend of mine has a gasser MF135 and does exactly what you do, FEL to haul round bales to the cow's feeders... works the tail off that ol' tractor, as well as his MF150 and MF165... the MF165 has a loader also, but he says it's too big, easier to move around in the barn with the lil' one...

/ MF35 tyre pressures?
Thanks dieselcrawler, good info, I'll check their ratings :)

/ MF35 tyre pressures? #7  
I have a 1955 Ferguson TO-35 with a Wagner front loader. The previous owner broke the front axle pivot casting , probably from too much weight on the front loader. I made an inverted U bolt assembly on a long shaft that clamped onto the axle pivot hollow shaft and went down through a hole in the casting below the axle pivot. Since the shaft for the hydraulic pump goes through the hollow axle pivot, I have to be careful to keep the hollow axle in the right place. It's worked fine for 34 years now, but I'm careful about how much load I put on the front end loader. I try not to put anything over an estimated 800 lbs. on the loader. Besides, I don't have power steering, so it gets really hard to steer with too much weight. I also broke a lift arm support rod on the 3 point hitch once. I had put concrete blocks on my scraper blade to get it to dig in more, but the extra weight snapped one of the lift arm rods. I had it TIG welded back together. These are great little tractors, but like all equipment, if you push them past their design limits, things will break.