Just looking for support

/ Just looking for support #1  

Cort

Tractor
None yet
Well guys, it's been quite a while since I've been on the board. I have a 2310TLB that's over 4 years old. No problems other than a tree fell on it this past fall. The dealer brought it back to acceptable shape. I also don't think the parking brake holds well enough, but that might be a simple adjustment.

I just splurged on a 1540 hydro with a skid steer front end. It's on order and I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse, so I figured I'd come here for a little support. I could probably get by with another 2300-series, but I didn't want two of the same.

Other than the FEL, the main toy for the 1540 will be a PTO generator. I'm also looking forward to adding a grapple bucket, but I'm guessing that will need another valve?? Thoughts?

2310TLB toys: rear mower, rotary cutter, post hole digger, carry-all with electric winch, boom pole, monster cart (towed), and best of all, a chipper/shredder with vacuum and blower

/ Just looking for support #2  
Cort,
We work hard for the things we have. I remember a tractor salesman telling me that if we had to really justify our compact tractors, we wouldn't have them, but they do so much more for us than the work that others see accomplished. If you can afford it, and have room to use it, and store it, go for it! The longer I am around the current crop of compact tractors, the more I understand that you will grow into the size that you buy. I started with a BX which is the same size you have, and told myself that I just needed a bit more ground clearance.......... but there is a strong temptation for me to get something heavy enough to do many of the things I just never thought of doing. There are rocks I would like to move, and trees that I would like down, and cleaned up, etc. I'm sure you will find the same thing once you have that tractor. I know some of the tractors that looked way too big for my purposes when I bought the BX five years ago look a lot smaller now! Have fun!

/ Just looking for support #3  
I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse

I get a little bit of that every time I buy anything (car, boat, tractor, pickup, and even some household items) that costs more than a couple of hundred dollars; sometimes even less.:rolleyes: But that feeling usually goes away after I've used the new item a little while.:D

/ Just looking for support
Thanks much! I'm feeling better already. I completely agree with growing into a tractor. I didn't grow up with tractors, and I remember when the 2310 intimitdated me. That was only 4 years ago. Just a couple weeks ago I was standing in front of the 1540 wondering if it was big enough! I live in the woods, so generally smaller is better.

I'm probably most excited about the wider and easier 3-pt connections. I've spent many an hour trying to get something large hooked up to the 2310. Those 3-pt quick connect attachments are indispensable for the narrow arms of the 2310.

I'm about to call the dealer and get an update. I trust the guy, but keeping me in the loop on things is clearly not his priority.

/ Just looking for support #5  
If the tractor was ordered with the factory joystick valve, then you will have to rig up a 3rd valve for a grapple. If the tractor was ordered without the factory joystick, you can have the dealer install a pedestal mounted valve and he can order a valve with 3 spools, but ask for it upfront because the 3rd spool can't be added at a later time.

/ Just looking for support #6  
Cort said:
Just a couple weeks ago I was standing in front of the 1540 wondering if it was big enough! I live in the woods, so generally smaller is better.

I'm probably most excited about the wider and easier 3-pt connections.

Cort, I have a section of woods that is for the most part open enough but when I venture into the tighter spots with my 1433v, It is tight especially with the FEL and an implement on the rear... So yes you will have to watch closely.

On the easier 3-pt connection, probably easier than the GC2310, But I still find the 1433v more difficult than my Old 135 for hook ups...

I have often wondered if I should have gotten a GC2310TLB with a MMM ,because of its many uses especially the backhoe for all my landscaping, trenching and small footer ideas/needs...:confused: I could probably be more productive....Then again I have used my tractor many times with 5ft bushog ,6ft RFM, moved large loads w/fel...which a GC might struggle...

SO now you will have the Best of Both Worlds!! :D

Good Luck with the new purchase across the potomac in Northern Va.

How about pics when you can??;)

/ Just looking for support #7  
I had/have buyer's remorse with my 1533, I should have gotten the 1540, but I still love my 1533, I never needed the turbo that is on the 1540. Don't worry you will love it and wonder how you got along without it.

/ Just looking for support #8  
MrSteve said:
I had/have buyer's remorse with my 1533, I should have gotten the 1540, but I still love my 1533, I never needed the turbo that is on the 1540. Don't worry you will love it and wonder how you got along without it.

I too concur.

/ Just looking for support #9  
Go ahead and get the hydraulic valves from the factory. You will be glad that you did. The turbo is fantastic.:)

/ Just looking for support #10  
I have never regretted my 1540 HYDRO ever.
It is indispensible, powerful, easy to operate in very tight quarters, and has been incredibly dependable, (besides being a pretty red that my wife loves.)