Hydraulics

/ Hydraulics #1  

bake321

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 9540, Kubota RTV900
It appears that there is quite an increase in the gpm of the 500 series hydraulics over the 400 series. Does anyone have input on loader operation good or bad on the 471 through 491 units?

Thanks,

Bake

/ Hydraulics #2  
I know three people that have tractors in that range and they all have loaders. They have never complained about the speed. There was a combining valve that would speed things up. I think two of the three people have the combining valve but I don't think they ever use it. You might check to see if the tractor you are looking at has that or not.

/ Hydraulics #3  
The 400 or 500 with the combining valve have very satisfactory speed on the loaders. There is a difference in loader cylinder diameter too, 3" lift & dump or 2 3/4" lift with 2 1/2" dump. If you want to lift the world, the bigger cylinders will do it, just a little slower. The smaller cylinders will still lift the rear end off the ground but give much quicker speed. I guess it depends on what you are used to. If you run industrial grade equipment alot, the slower speed might bother you.

/ Hydraulics
Good info, thanks.

/ Hydraulics #5  
I traded a 481 with a 1070 FEL for a 596 cab with a DL 260 FEL a few months ago. There is a difference in standard output. I have the combining valve which will make the loader faster for repetitive operation. It's still not running an industrial machine but has been more than enough for my needs. I have only used the combining valve a couple of times. Most of the time it is more than fast enough as is.