35 high/low gear

/ 35 high/low gear #1  

Bill38

I have a couple of questions about the MF 35.

On the gear shift range marking between the L and H there is S. What is that position for?

I read on another thread that if there is a [ground and engine] postion on the PTO lever it means that you also have a two stage clutch. Is this correct?

Along with power steering does this make the tractor what they call a 35 deluxe?

Thank you, Bill

/ 35 high/low gear #2  
Bill38 said:
I have a couple of questions about the MF 35.

On the gear shift range marking between the L and H there is S. What is that position for?

I read on another thread that if there is a [ground and engine] postion on the PTO lever it means that you also have a two stage clutch. Is this correct?

Along with power steering does this make the tractor what they call a 35 deluxe?

Thank you, Bill

The "S" is START. There's a nuetral start switch in the tranny. HI/LO shifter needs to be in that center "nuetral" position before she'll start. If that isn't the case, someone has bypassed the nuetral switch.

Engine speed/ground speed was available on 2-stage clutch and single stage clutch models.

Non Deluxe models were available with live power as an option. I THINK power steering was Deluxe only.

/ 35 high/low gear #3  
Hello there

I am a fruit grower in England and came across the site by accident.

I have had many 35's and 35X models. At the moment I have a 35 Vinyard which we have just restored along with 4 135's, a 168, a 240 and a TEL 20 (PP Vinyard).

The difference between a deluxe and standard 35 was that the deluxe had cushion seat, tractormeter (rev counter ), and dual clutch. In the UK it was 」29 more than the standard in 1961. If a diff lock was fitted there would be a Y at the end of the serial letters. Diff lock beame standard on 35X deluxe.

Power steering was never offered in the UK but a few were retro fitted by farmers and mechanics. They are very rare.

The only time that we ever used the ground PTO was for driving a potato planter because it meant the spuds were planted the same distance apart irrespective of travel speed. And that was 50 years ago with TE20.

Ray