MF1533

/ MF1533
The tractor is a factory demo with 70 hours. The dealer told me that the 50 hour service was done before they received it. How would I know for sure? I guess I'll call MF and get the history? Also, where should I get insurance for it? The dealer told me to go through my home owners policy...not auto.

/ MF1533 #12  
If you can shift from forward to reverse without clutching, it is a PowerShuttle. If it grinds or won't go in gear, it's standard shuttle. If it is a PowerShuttle, you can also start from a stop without clutching.

/ MF1533 #13  
Synchro's can come with or without telescoping end links. Mine's an '06 with the telescoping ones, depends on the dealer I was told. 200 hrs on mine and no hydraulic issues, nor the solenoid trouble I've heard of in a couple of places.

/ MF1533 #14  
We have a 1533 that was sitting for 5 years in a garage. Replaced the battery, fired her up, she kicked on the first try. Ran her for about an hour. Changed oil and filter. Added a 60" Mahindra Brush hog. Hogged for about 10 hours. Changed the oil again. We are now at 226 hours and needing to do the hydraulic service. That's planned in the next couple of weeks once we have the filters and oil on hand. The only odd thing broken is the dead man switch on the seat. Seems some fool stood on the seat and broke the switch spring out of the seat. That too is on the list to get fixed. I don't like operating the machine with a main safety feature disabled (as for now I had to clamp the switch closed to operate the machine).

With the hog on the back, the front end feels too light. I need to add weights up front. We were thinking of putting a loader on but are hard pressed to see a lot of advantage to a front loader. Property is mostly wooded and tractor is used primarily for trail maintenance and road grading. The loader would help with both of those but a $4500 addition to this 2005 unit is a bit hard to swallow. Thoughts?

/ MF1533 #15  
Re: MF1533t

Considering the hours, though some years on that model, it sounds like "new old stock"?!? Especially if the tractor was kept inside all these years. As far as not seeing an advantage of a loader other than a front counter weight, I think having a loader would soon change your mind.

I suggest you get the skid steer quick attach, a Pirahna tooth bar for the bucket and since you have a lot of woods, eventually a set of pallet forks. Maybe even a grapple in the future to spend more money! Seriously, a loader will greatly enhance the abilities of your tractor more than you think. It sounds like you may not have a lot of money in the tractor...so if you can afford it...well worth the cost.

Otherwise a set of front end weights as stated will help counter the rear implement weight. If rear tires are not loaded, that may be something else to consider.

And welcome to the forum!