What is this ? on a MF135

/ What is this ? on a MF135 #2  
It's the pedal that activates the differential lock. If your tractor doesn't have it, you have the bare bones model 135 or 138 and probably don't have live PTO either. I learned this from farmwithjunk, the walking encyclopedia of MF stuff!

/ What is this ? on a MF135 #3  
Heywood Jannockitov said:
It's the pedal that activates the differential lock. If your tractor doesn't have it, you have the bare bones model 135 or 138 and probably don't have live PTO either. I learned this from farmwithjunk, the walking encyclopedia of MF stuff!

Or, as my wife says, a veritable goldmine of useless trivial information. ;)

You're correct in that being a differential lock pedal.

It's presences indicates that being a 135 Deluxe (w/live power) HOWEVER.... Absence of a differential lock doesn't indicate it being a bare bones model. The 135 special's (138/non-live power) weren't offered with the OPTIONAL differential lock, and well over half of the 135 DELUXE models came w/o a differential lock.

/ What is this ? on a MF135 #4  
FWJ,

Did you spend some time working in an MF dealership, or an equal amount of time on them??

Farmwithjunk said:
Or, as my wife says, a veritable goldmine of useless trivial information. ;)

You're correct in that being a differential lock pedal.

It's presences indicates that being a 135 Deluxe (w/live power) HOWEVER.... Absence of a differential lock doesn't indicate it being a bare bones model. The 135 special's (138/non-live power) weren't offered with the OPTIONAL differential lock, and well over half of the 135 DELUXE models came w/o a differential lock.

/ What is this ? on a MF135 #5  
Heywood Jannockitov said:

My 1964 MF-135 diesel is the Deluxe model, has a live PTO, but doesn't have the differential lock.

/ What is this ? on a MF135 #6  
WilliamBos said:
FWJ,

Did you spend some time working in an MF dealership, or an equal amount of time on them??

I grew up on Massey Harris, Ferguson, and Massey Ferguson tractors. Then I bought a Massey as my first new tractor. All the while, I lived in a John Deere/IH neighborhood. I had to fight for every ounce of respect I could get. I had to know my way around the red and silver or my "pals" would have ate me alive :eek:

Add to that, over the years I've bought and re-sold used tractors for a few extra peso's. I keep records of my trading. Last week I got out the book. I've owned 9 new tractors,(3 of which are Masseys) 3 more used ones that I bought to use on the farm, and a total of 84 that were bought to resell, over 40 of which were MF's. Altogether, I've had my hands on 96 total. I decided that I need to shoot for an even 100. So 4 more tractors are going to get a new home in the future!