Picked up the GC2300 today.....

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #1  

Axeman

Tractor
GC2300
Got it home and unloaded but much of the day was already gone by the time I got the trailer back and back home. I spent about 1/2 hours moving a pile of filldirt that has been in my way since last spring. I had been working at it for months with a shovel and cart. That impressed the wife very much. Have to work tomorrow but I'll have time after I get home to maybe get started on my driveway. I got some other pile that need to be moved too. This tractor is very cool. I was dumping the filldirt down a grassy embankment and then having to back up afterwards in very wet grass and it didn't have any problems at all. My old Craftsman would have never been able to back up that slope in a million years.

I'll keep everyone informed as I get things going. I'm sure I'll have questions in the days, weeks and months to come.

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #2  
Congratulations on your purchase! The more I look at the CG series, the better they look compared to the competition. I'm sure you will get many happy hours, and years of use from the tractor.
Pics would be nice of course! :)

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #3  
Congrats!!! That warm fuzzy feeling you have right now never quite goes away. Al least mine hasn't.

Its been really wet here the last 2 months and I have not been able to get the tractor out to do anything. Anyway I finally got around to installing a bucket hook on the FEL last weekend.

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #4  
Congratulations, I'm still waiting on mine, hopefully it comes in this week. What size trailer did you end up getting for your hauling commute, any issues? I still need to buy a set of ratchets for tie down. Did you use straps or chains? I think I should use chains but I also don稚 want to scratch it up much. I need to read more on this forum on the best method and set up. I知 sure the dealer well help in this regard but, I want to be prepared with the appropriate gear.

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #5  
I would not use chains! I use 2 ratchet straps with a min. of #1600 working load. One goes across the frame between the grill guard and the grill, the other over the 3" flat bar that goes from the FEL upright to the tractor frame by the rear tires, then under the tractor frame, then over the 3" bar on the other side. Be careful to go behind where the drive shaft for the front axle runs. The straps flex enough to keep tight where chains do not and can come loose. I also turn under the FEL bucket to help dig in to the deck and set the E brake. I have hauled my 2310 from OH-TX-OH-MI-TX this way on the back of my Sprinter pickup. Also DO NOT run a strap across the deck it is not strong enough to hold the tractor.

Doug

Attachments

• 0328071916.jpg
    0328071916.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 346
   / Picked up the GC2300 today..... #6  
tx2310 said:
I would not use chains! I use 2 ratchet straps with a min. of #1600 working load. One goes across the frame between the grill guard and the grill, the other over the 3" flat bar that goes from the FEL upright to the tractor frame by the rear tires, then under the tractor frame, then over the 3" bar on the other side. Be careful to go behind where the drive shaft for the front axle runs. The straps flex enough to keep tight where chains do not and can come loose. I also turn under the FEL bucket to help dig in to the deck and set the E brake. I have hauled my 2310 from OH-TX-OH-MI-TX this way on the back of my Sprinter pickup. Also DO NOT run a strap across the deck it is not strong enough to hold the tractor.

Doug
This seems like an awful weak working load.
I love your truck.
Now if it just had a bed that would both dump and roll back it would be perfect!

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #7  
I did say min. bigger is better. #1600 work load is #5000 break. Most people try to use the cheap straps that have a working load of less then #400. A good 2" strap is #3300 working and there are 2" straps with less then #1000 working so I am not that weak. I don't have a dump but they are out there. I just use the FEL and drive on to the back to unload dirt or gravel.

Doug

/ Picked up the GC2300 today.....
The trailer I rented was plenty big enough to put both the tractor and the finsih mower on with room to spare. I think they told me it was rated for up to 9000 lb load. The trailer itself weighed probably a ton and a half and by the time I got the tractor and mower on it was about at the limit of my Silverado 2WD. As for the commute, it went really well. There are a couple of big hills that I had to climb but it wasn't bad at all. I used the chains that came with the trailer to secure the tractor and some nylon straps that I have for securing the mower.

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #9  
Congrats axeman, there's nothing quite like the new tractor smell or was that just diesel?

/ Picked up the GC2300 today..... #10  
Congrats.. I too have just ordered after humming and hawing for a number of weeks....

Can't wait, should be here next Tuesday.

:rolleyes: