Oil & Fuel massey 35 oil leak

/ massey 35 oil leak #1  

barrentine

massey 35 deluxe 3 cyl. perkins pouring oil out of weep hole under the clutch housing.I have already replaced the seals and o-rings on the transmission main shaft thinking that was where it was coming from but it wasn't.someone told me these were bad about leaking at the back of oil pan.I guess now I will have to take oil pan off.has anyone run into this before

/ massey 35 oil leak #2  
barrentine said:
massey 35 deluxe 3 cyl. perkins pouring oil out of weep hole under the clutch housing.I have already replaced the seals and o-rings on the transmission main shaft thinking that was where it was coming from but it wasn't.someone told me these were bad about leaking at the back of oil pan.I guess now I will have to take oil pan off.has anyone run into this before
Perkins diesels of that vintage have a bad habit of loosing the rear pan gasket. Earlier models had a "rope seal". Later models went to a fiber gasket, but not much better results. Get the replacement gasket kit from MF/AGCO. It's MUCH better than the aftermarket gaskets available. There's a VERY remote possibility that's the rear main seal, but about 95 out of a 100 times, it's that dang pan gasket.

You'll find some interesting info on the subject at this site! Big Dean is DA MAN!

Big Dean's Massey Ferguson tips

/ massey 35 oil leak #3  
I purchasd a MF 135 a few years back from a dealer about a 100 miles away. Looked and sounded good. Took delivery and a few days later went up back to do some stuff. Oil poured out of bottom. Dealer thought a bad rear seal. They picked it up and returned purchase price. Dealer called a few months later when they finally got to it and said it was the oil pan gasket. I had gotten something else by that time so didn't rebuy it. Farmwithjunk is correct about this problem being fairly common and it definately should be checked out.

/ massey 35 oil leak #4  
Hello there

Farm with junk is quite right, I have a 1971 MF135 vinyard and a MF35 vinyard waiting to go into our workshop for new rope seals. They are both losing oil from the jiggle pin (weep hole). It is a common problem and we did the 135 about 10 years ago.
We do not have a problem with our late model 135 DLs and the 240. The lip seals seem much better. They have heavier transmission castings and DL on the serial number plate.

Ray