GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #1  

66chevelle

Tractor
MF1635 TBL,
Pickup a new GC2310 a week or two ago, and it seems not to be able to handle what my older Kobuta B6100 could. Is there some factory adjustment to prevent lifting more than it's intended too?

Often just moving snow around it won't lift anything over half a bucket?

Any thoughts?

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #2  
The lifting capacity is approximately 500 lbs. depending on how high you want to lift.

Your fel should be able to lift a full bucket. I would call your dealer and let them know it is not working properly.

My 2310 lifts a heaping bucket of stone no problem. The only time I can not lift the bucket is if I bury it in a huge pile, or try digging with it.

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #3  
I have been able to lift heaping buckets of sand, gravel or dirt. I even dig with it. The only thing I have had problem with was sandstone but I guess 800 lb. sandstone blocks should be a problem. Its sounds like it needs looking at.

Doug

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #4  
I just took delivery of my GC2310 this week end... aftr moving some snow around, I also found that the bucket force was disapointing to say the least. However, I realized that the snow that I was moving around was extremely heavy. keep me informed if you go see your dealer, curious as what he has to say.

On another topic. as a first time user, I found that the hydraulic controls were not very user friendly, for the FEL to carry out two movements at a time was slow (even at full RPM). And the backhoe will not allow for use of both joysticks at a time Any thoughts?

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #5  
fel: Use requires movement in one direction at a time. I suspect this is because volume required to operate that way, exceeds the pump capicity.
bh: You should be able to operate both controls at the same time.

The 2310 bh, is very user friendly, very smooth. Try a Teramite if you want to see the difference.

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #6  
Throttle was @2500RPM, I was able to curl the buchet and sweep the upper arm, but was unable to bring in the lower arm at the same time. Hey I realize that this is not an excavator so all it means is that I get to spend more time on my new toy

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #7  
I've found my GC2310 gets maxed out frequently, and it is one reason I'm really looking at a bigger tractor. It would be a great tractor if it could pick up about 100lbs more and sat about 5" higher. I'm getting mine high centered all the time, or dragging the backhoe bucket on the ground when going up small hills.

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #8  
pathman said:
Throttle was @2500RPM, I was able to curl the buchet and sweep the upper arm, but was unable to bring in the lower arm at the same time. Hey I realize that this is not an excavator so all it means is that I get to spend more time on my new toy

Yes, that is normal. I have gotten so used to mine, that I don't think about it anymore. bh operation is a pick 2 functions at a time thing. After you get used to it, you can bump in and out of different functions while digging and it will work great.

Mike, I assume you have noticed with the hoe swung to one side, you can increase your ground clearance on the inclines.

Bigger is heavier, and this tractor is meant to be a small and light weight unit for "Estate" maintenance.

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #9  
Never had a problem with maxing out the FEL except when digging into a pile of gravel at the very bottom of the pile. I have used the FEL to lift all types of crazy stuff, for one I put the cast iron woodburner in the basement of my house with the FEL and it weighed 560 pounds and the FEL didn't stuggle one bit. I would contact the dealer, there may be something wrong. As far as the ground clearance, it is what it is, bigger may be better for certain things.

/ GC2310 FEL Lifting capacity #10  
Thanks for the info about the bh operation, as for the fel I have a feeling that the snow is heavier then gravel or dirt, espcially this time of year.