GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand

/ GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
Hi folks,

Looking for a tiller and would like some advice. Looking at the King Kutter XB 48" ( for subcompacts ) OR the Bush Hog 48". Both around 400Lbs. I like the Massey brand but kinda pricey. Not sure what would work best weight wise and width wise. As well, being in Alberta, Canada I am not sure if anyone sells the King Kutter or Bush hog for that matter.... any ideas ? :confused:

/ GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand
madhatter said:
Hi folks,

Looking for a tiller and would like some advice. Looking at the King Kutter XB 48" ( for subcompacts ) OR the Bush Hog 48". Both around 400Lbs. I like the Massey brand but kinda pricey. Not sure what would work best weight wise and width wise. As well, being in Alberta, Canada I am not sure if anyone sells the King Kutter or Bush hog for that matter.... any ideas ? :confused:

Checked Ebay and there is a brand "IFE" which is Iowa Farm Equipment. Looks strong, well built and a decent price... ??? $350ish to deliver. Anyone heard of them ???

/ GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand #3  
I really like my Woods GTC52. It works with my GC2300 excellently. I tried a KK 60" but that was a bit too much.

If I recall, the width of the GC2300 is ~46" so a 48" would be the minimum to cover the tire tracks (unless it is an offset tiller).