Silver Member
    Tractor
    2015 Massey GC1710

Default GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand

Hi folks,

Looking for a tiller and would like some advice. Looking at the King Kutter XB 48" ( for subcompacts ) OR the Bush Hog 48". Both around 400Lbs. I like the Massey brand but kinda pricey. Not sure what would work best weight wise and width wise. As well, being in Alberta, Canada I am not sure if anyone sells the King Kutter or Bush hog for that matter.... any ideas ?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2015 Massey GC1710

Default Re: GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter
    Hi folks,

Looking for a tiller and would like some advice. Looking at the King Kutter XB 48" ( for subcompacts ) OR the Bush Hog 48". Both around 400Lbs. I like the Massey brand but kinda pricey. Not sure what would work best weight wise and width wise. As well, being in Alberta, Canada I am not sure if anyone sells the King Kutter or Bush hog for that matter.... any ideas ?

Checked Ebay and there is a brand "IFE" which is Iowa Farm Equipment. Looks strong, well built and a decent price... ??? $350ish to deliver. Anyone heard of them ???

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF GC2300

Default Re: GC2300/2310 Tiller size and brand

I really like my Woods GTC52. It works with my GC2300 excellently. I tried a KK 60" but that was a bit too much.

If I recall, the width of the GC2300 is ~46" so a 48" would be the minimum to cover the tire tracks (unless it is an offset tiller).
    MF GC2300, MF2350 FEL w/Woods toothbar, MF2360 front snowblower, Woods BH6000 Backhoe, Woods GTC52 Tiller, 60" rear blade, Pat's ECS, Foam filled ag tires, turf tires, 3pt carryall, 3 pt lawn rake/dethatcher, 3pt aerator, 3pt sub-soiler, KK 48" XB Rotary Cutter, Woods RDC54 Rear Finish Mower, MF2325 Belly Mower
    and probably havin more fun than I should.