Engine Oil Filter:72201898
Engine Air Filter:3757472M1
Trans Oil Filter:4265229M91
Fuel Filter:3608255M1
Service Manual:4283003M1
Parts Manual:651743M92 prior to S/N JNA25200
Parts Manual:651794m91 after S/N JNA25201
Engine Service Manual: 1449395m3

Inspect your new machines throughly for grease fittings that have not taken grease due to being painted over, and fittings that have been missed all together. Several fittings are hard to find. Spend the extra couple bucks for synthetic grease.

Also, check new machines occasionally for loose fasteners, and hoses rubbing and chafing, and fluid leaks.

Unless your totally helpless :rolleyes:, (or too busy), I suggest you plan on doing your own 50 hour service, (it comes up pretty fast for some). It is not that tough, and it is a good chance to get to know your investment. Ask us for advice if you need help.

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #2  
thanks for the #'s

I second the opinion of doing the first service yourself, teaches you alot about your tractor and is not that hard at all.

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #3  
thanks for the info. I would like to know if other then synthtic grease are any of youy running synthetic oils??

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers
I believe some are using synthetic, most are using conventional oil.
I am using Amsiol ACD, (engine), and ATh (trans, Front Axle). Synthetic cost me cost me around $140 for the oils, last time I changed everything. Conventional oil will cost about half that. You will probably spend around $200 with filters doing it yourself using synthetic.

Synthetic oils can be used much longer to make up the price difference. I change at the recommended intervals. I use synthetic oil to reduce concern about extended warm up times during winter operation. It is also good to know if I get too busy to change the oil, I can keep working without worrying about it.

Synthetic grease is a better lubricant in extreme temperatures. Plus it will not drip all over the machine, and the floor, like some conventional grease can.

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #5  
Great, thank you for the information. I致e printed for my records. I'm creeping up on my 50 hours faster than expected.

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #6  
pathman said:
thanks for the info. I would like to know if other then synthtic grease are any of youy running synthetic oils??

I'm running synthetic in the engine and the hydro unit, as well as the grease. Changed over at the 50 Hr. maintenance.

DEWFPO

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #7  
What brand and weight are you using for engine and hydro?

Ray- where can you get synth greese, I can never find it.

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #8  
I went with Amsoil HDD 5W30 Series 3000 Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Oil (it's first time I've ever used Amsoil) and Amsoil's ATH 5W30 Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid. I checked with Amsoil and that is the correct Hydro fluid for it. The Amsoil product's were the best I could find in a synthetic replacement fluid that exceeded MF's specs.

DEWFPO

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #9  
N1ST said:
What brand and weight are you using for engine and hydro?

Ray- where can you get synth greese, I can never find it.

Most chain Auto parts stores that carry M1 oils carry their M1 synthetic grease.

DEWFPO

/ GC2300/2310 Beneficial List Of Part Numbers #10  
Ah, good info, thanks. FWIW, I changed my engine oil at 26 hours and I'm glad I did - it was pretty dirty. Although I didn't have a new oil filter so I had to try to dump out all the oil in it that I could.