MF35 Front Mount Pump Questions

/ MF35 Front Mount Pump Questions #1  

Arbo

Bronze Member
I have a 35 with the Perkins Diesel. The tractor had a Bush Hog Loader attached when I bought it lasty winter. The loader seems quite capable on the tractor, but is somewhat slow for my liking. It is running off the internal hydraulics using the diverter valve that mounts under the seat.

So, I am kicking around the idea of mounting a pump up front, and fabricating a reservoir to mount on the loader posts. I am an accomplished welder and amatuer machinist. I am confident that I can come up with most of what I need without buying premade parts. I have searched, but have found very little information on doing this to a 35. Any photos, links, or advice would be most welcome.

One of the biggest hurdles for me is to understand how to get the drive shaft from the engine crank ot the pump mounted out front. Is there a way to run the shaft through the front axle pivot?

Thanks!
Arbo

/ MF35 Front Mount Pump Questions #2  
My Ferguson TO-35 , with Continental gas engine, has a hollow tube front axle pivot , so that a front mounted hydraulic pump can be shaft driven. My tractor has such a pump to operate the Wagner front loader . I assume the MF35 also has such a tube axle pivot . Getting V belts onto the engine to drive the fan, water pump, and alternator does become a bigger job, however, if you drive a pump from the front of the engine, since you'll have to disconnect the pump drive shaft first to install a belt.