Seat switch on 2310

/ Seat switch on 2310 #1  

Bever22

Silver Member
Has anyone else had problems with their seat switch on their GC2310? Mine has been a headache since day one. The tractor will shut off even with me sitting on it and I am no lightweight (270lbs:eek: ) any suggestions?

/ Seat switch on 2310 #2  
The day I went to pick up my 2310 it would not start because of the switch. The dealer took the switch out and cycled it to get continuity and reinstalled it. It has worked since. I no not know if it was cycling that worked or the possible repositioning of the switch. I would pull the switch and see if it is located in a place where it is not getting your weight. The new 24xx doesn't have the internal seat switch it has the a lever switch between the seat and the base. My dealer has had more problems with that type switch on the bigger tractors, it cuts off quicker. Time will tell on the 24xx.

Doug

/ Seat switch on 2310 #3  
I think I took the switch out and either added some material above it, or screwed it in further. I can't remember for sure.

/ Seat switch on 2310 #4  
Though I know it's not safe, but I had so much trouble with mine, that I unplugged it and taped the two wire together. I have to mow on a hill side and everytime I moved the least little bit from center, the tractor tried to shut off. I will probably hook it back up some day when my kids want to mow, but for me, I like not having the switch.

/ Seat switch on 2310 #5  
I have a similar problem on my 1533. My wife is 110# and can not push the brake and clutch without the tractor shutting off. This is a real pain because there are times I need her to move the tractor while I hook things up. I am 190# and have also had issues while looking backward and the tractor shutting off. I was thinking about re-engineering the switch to be less sensitive. I have also thought about removing the switch but there is not that much benefit for the increased safety issues.

/ Seat switch on 2310 #6  
I'm also a lightweight, and also had trouble with the switch when it was quite cold this winter. I made a jumper about 2" long with 1/4" male spades on either end. I keep it handy, hanging on a nail in the garage, and when the switch is having "issues" I just plug it in to the feed from the tractor, then remove it later. Takes about 1 minute.

Attachments

• DSC01060.JPG
    DSC01060.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 161
   / Seat switch on 2310
irvingj said:
I'm also a lightweight, and also had trouble with the switch when it was quite cold this winter. I made a jumper about 2" long with 1/4" male spades on either end. I keep it handy, hanging on a nail in the garage, and when the switch is having "issues" I just plug it in to the feed from the tractor, then remove it later. Takes about 1 minute.

Thats a great idea, I used it and it works, thanks.:D

/ Seat switch on 2310 #8  
If the seat switch will not work because of the cold, we tell customers to removed the seat and keep it inside where it is warm, and install it when using the tractor. This will help in cold weather.

/ Seat switch on 2310 #9  
What if you are too light like my wife?

/ Seat switch on 2310 #10  
I shorted it cause I had problems with the switch as well.... about safety... well...this barely makes the list.