6.00 X 16 6 Bolt 6" Diameter, 4" Pilot Hole Rims?

/ 6.00 X 16 6 Bolt 6" Diameter, 4" Pilot Hole Rims? #1  

MReeb

Bronze Member
Tractor
1972 Massey Ferguson 165
I'm looking for a couple rims for my 165. The existing rims on the tractor are 6.00 X 16 6 bolt rims with a 6" diameter for the bolt holes and a 4 5/8" pilot hole.
The existing hub needs a 4" pilot hole. I've googled a 6 bolt, 6" diameter rim with a 4" pilot hole and no go.
Anyone have any ideas where I could find a pair new or used?

/ 6.00 X 16 6 Bolt 6" Diameter, 4" Pilot Hole Rims?
Thanks for the links Nasty135 but both were a no go for that type of rim. I've done quite a bit of googling to date and they are definitely an odd ball rim. I know the 4 5/8" pilot hole is a lot more popular so I may just end up swapping out the hubs. I'm toying with the idea of taking the hubs to the local machine shop, having them welded up and turned down to change the 4" pilot to a 4 5/8" pilot.

/ 6.00 X 16 6 Bolt 6" Diameter, 4" Pilot Hole Rims? #4  
MReeb said:
I'm looking for a couple rims for my 165. The existing rims on the tractor are 6.00 X 16 6 bolt rims with a 6" diameter for the bolt holes and a 4 5/8" pilot hole.
The existing hub needs a 4" pilot hole. I've googled a 6 bolt, 6" diameter rim with a 4" pilot hole and no go.
Anyone have any ideas where I could find a pair new or used?

Check your local MF dealer, or give these guys a call.

Unverferth Manufacturing Company, Inc.

Keep us posted.

Will

/ 6.00 X 16 6 Bolt 6" Diameter, 4" Pilot Hole Rims? #5  
Check with Miller Tire. They have been in business for a long time. They list 6x16 6 lug wheels but they don't tell the pilot hole size. I have heard they have more than on their internet site.
M.E. MIller Tire

/ 6.00 X 16 6 Bolt 6" Diameter, 4" Pilot Hole Rims?
Thanks for the links guys! I even called a few of the salvage yards out west with no real luck. I've been stewing on this one for a while now. Since it seems that the 4-5/8" pilot hole is the new standard, I'd change the hubs to match the more common rims. I shopped around for the hubs and I was looking at somewhere between $200.00 to $300.00 depending on who I ordered them from and how much they were charging to ship. I ended up taking the hubs to a local machine shop and they are presently making some sleeves for the hubs. They quoted me a price of $150.00 out the door. Couldn't pass that one up.