MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI)

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI) #1  

shawn1533

Tractor
MF 1533
Last weekend while moving dirt for my new septic site hydraulic fluid began spraying out of the bottom of my MF 1533 loader joystick/control valve. While checking for loose fittings I realized it was coming out on from the opposite side of the output lines past the Allen screw. At first I though I knocked off a screw or fitting. To make the story short after $150.00 transportation fee, $300.00 in extra excavation fees, and 1 lost week the dealer told me it has a pop rivet that fell out. You are most likely saying the same thing my wife and I said, "why is there an pop rivet in the high pressure hydraulics?" The dealer said MF fix was to drill out the rivet and replace it with a screw. Does anyone know why this rivet is in the control valve and should MF recall these parts and pay the transportation fee?

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI) #2  
Is the tractor new and under warranty? I had a similiar problem with my Cummins engine in my Freightliner,there was a rivet or rivets in oil pan at an oil change,The lifters or galley holes had holes blocked with rivets,Cummins fix was to put in allen screws in place of rivets. I hope it all works out for you, I have a 1531 with the 1520 loader,don't know if it is the same model loader as yours. plowking

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI)
It is new (<8 months and 40 hours). To date it appears to be working. On Sunday I put it to work by moving about 20 ton of shell. Plowking after haring your situation it makes me feel better about the fix but I am still disappointed MF did not cover the pickup and delivery fee.

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI) #4  
Hi,shawn. I wonder if the Agco insurance would cover any of it. My dealer advertises a free loaner if your tractor is down. I haven't had to use it yet. How long is your warranty good for? Is the dealer who fixed your tractor the same dealer you bought it from? plowking

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI) #5  
The repair should be covered under warranty, but the pickup and delivery would not be. Pickup and delivery is discussed in all the forums for every color. Everyone should read their owner manual no matter what color of tractor they have, all brands say that the owner is responsible for transport.

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI) #6  
Is your tractor a hydro?

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI)
JerryG: I agree everyone should read their manual front to back as I did. The tractor braking was the last thing I was hoping for while I am spending money like mad while building my house.

Plowking: I did not know about the insurance. The dealer and repair shop were the same that is why I thought he would cover the transportation.

MFRED: It is an 8X8 syncro shuttle

Does anyone else have this rivet in that location or am I just the luck one?

/ MF 1533 hydraulic leak (FYI) #8  
Same thing happened to mine just before my 50 hour service.
My dealer picked up and delivered as a courtesy (gas was in the $2 range then).

J