Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible?

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #11  
ray66v said:
Did you try to move the pin into the set of holes on the opposite side. This would keep the pad from flipping. I am sure there is a way to do it. You will probably say DOH! when you figure it out.

I was confused from day one on the multiple pin holes. Have tried multiple combination's, I end up just using the factory comination and the rubber feet. There probably is a correct way of reversing the feet, just not sure how.... :confused:

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #12  
It's the same with the pads on the BH with the MF1523. I use them 'flipped' to help dig the stabilizers 'in' if the BH is pushing the tractor. Depends what kind of ground surface you are on. Which pin-holes depends on how un-even the ground is. Make sure to 'flip' the pads round the right way so they adapt to the contour of the surface.

EanJay

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #13  
You know, i can't figure the stab pads out either. When I bought my 2310 the dealer said that you can just flip them around and voila... When I tried this at the dealers, he couldn't figure it out either and that the instructuons should be in the manual. I havn't really played with them since, but for what its worth did you try to swap sides? you never know!

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible?
Well it's nice to know I'm not alone, eh madhatter and pathman?

The guy that delivered my tractor was great, and very patient with my questions, but when we looked at the pads he couldn't figure it out either and suggested that instructions would be in the manual. After he left and I played around with the backhoe for a while, I pulled out the manual on the backhoe and could not find any mention of it.

Rather than call the dealer with a series of questions, I'll make a list and give them a call either later today or tomorrow.

I haven't tried unbolting the rubber pads, nor have I tried switching sides. I also haven't ventured far enough into the woods where this has been an issue - and unless the rains stop long enough so that things can dry up a bit, it may be a while before I do so. :(

Jay

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #15  
Jay,

It should be clear by now that you were ripped off with this Tractor purchase. I will give you $190.00 for the whole thing right now. Of course, the $90.00 is to cover dropping it off in my driveway. Dyer, retired

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #16  
Dyer said:
Jay,

It should be clear by now that you were ripped off with this Tractor purchase. I will give you $190.00 for the whole thing right now. Of course, the $90.00 is to cover dropping it off in my driveway. Dyer, retired

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #17  
Maybe it has something to do with the weight of the rubber pad, which I don't have but I have never had any problem with keeping the prong side down so that it digs in.

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible?
I think it's more likely the 3" wide piece of steel at one end that connects the two rubber pads.

This, and some serious backhoe practice sessions are on my weekend agenda. :D

Jay

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #19  
They do not look reversable to me. But that's just a guess.

/ Is the backhoe stabilzer foot reversible? #20  
Jaybrad-- I think the trick is to pull the pin, rotate the foot, and put the pin back in the SAME hole it was in so that the pin bears against the underside of the arm- this should prevent the foot from flipping back, while the 3" steel connector plate prevents flipping back the other way. I'm guessing the other holes are for setting the angle of the claw-foot as needed.... Nice rubber pads, BTW-- I didn't get those, either!

Attachments

• b-h arm:foot.JPG
    b-h arm:foot.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 106
  • b-h cleat.JPG
    b-h cleat.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 99
  • b-h pin.JPG
    b-h pin.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 120