Help with MF 12 baler

/ Help with MF 12 baler #1  

MF165owner

My #12 baler will not tie when I get the bale tight enought to handle. If I leave it loose it ties fine but you can not stack loose Hay. Is there any thing that I can do to make it tie the tight bale.

/ Help with MF 12 baler #2  
MF165owner said:
My #12 baler will not tie when I get the bale tight enought to handle. If I leave it loose it ties fine but you can not stack loose Hay. Is there any thing that I can do to make it tie the tight bale.

What's it doing? breaking string? hanging knot? I don't know much about them but, I do have a model 12.

/ Help with MF 12 baler #3  
MF165owner said:

I have a MF-124 two-twine baler. If that happened on the 124 I'd check the bill hooks to see if the jaws are working properly. The strands of twine may be slipping through or off the bill hook when you increase the bale packing level.

/ Help with MF 12 baler
Used it Tusday It did all right. I rode on the baler while mom baled. It is still hanging on the bill hook just a little. Is there any thing that I can do to help that. It is causing the twin to strech some.

/ Help with MF 12 baler #5  
Used it Tusday It did all right. I rode on the baler while mom baled. It is still hanging on the bill hook just a little. Is there any thing that I can do to help that. It is causing the twin to strech some.

There is an adjustment for the bill hook tension. If you look to right of the bill hook you will see a lock nut with adjustment screw. Back it off a 1/4 turn and see what happens. You can see it just barely by looking down from the top but it's easier to get at if the knotters are flipped up.

/ Help with MF 12 baler
Thanks will try that Got some to bale later on in the week.