How to repair leak on GC2310

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #31  
Thanks Rob2310 and Mrman
Interesting and helpful info.
MrMan-did you have a picture of the parts placement?

Boy! that parts kit sure is less then what I paid.
Thanks again.
Mac

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #32  
:thumbsup:Hi there,

I called the contact listed in my previous posting and their recommendation is to contact them directly for instructions on replacing the seal. They did not have any material they could give me to post on this page wrt instructions but indicated they would definately help individuals who needed it... very friendly guy...

Here is another link of interest showing technical info on many models of steering motors (I don't know which one is on our tractors but anyone with the motor in front of them could post their model number):

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/publications/documents/product_literature/520l0438.pdf

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #33  
Got the steering wheel off and the steering control unit out/apart.
So far no ball bearings to be found. Is that good.:laughing:
At least I know where the seal goes that is leaking. Have pictures of the process so far if anyone is interested. I don't have a clue how to attach them here.
Anyone got a picture of where the rubber gromets and other washers go?
Thanks
Mac

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #34  
Well I found the ball bearing and another little peice of metal about an inch long.It came out of the unit when I turned it upside down.:eek:
I called

Berendsen Fluid Power
Full Line Distributor
100 Wright Avenue, Unit 23 & 24
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B3B 1L2
1-902-468-2520

for a picture of the parts placement.
He sent me via e-mail, a pdf file, the neccessary pictures, from the service manual. which I should have in a minute.:thumbsup:
The chap I spoke with was very very helpful. He quoted a new unit as being around $350.
Hope the above info is helpfull to someone.
Mac Clarke

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #35  
Funny, I just bought my GC2400 (15 hours now) and I was thinking, lifting my fat *** off the seat by the Wheel is probably not a good idea. Now that I see the trouble it may cause i'm going to do a few more deep knee bends before I hop in the saddle.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #36  
Mac Clarke

Any chance that you might post a link to the PDF file. Thanks, Rob

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #37  
Hi folks,

These pics are courtesy of Mac Clarke

Attachments

• Aug22,2010 001.jpg
    Aug22,2010 001.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Aug22,2010 002.jpg
    Aug22,2010 002.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 307
  • Aug22,2010 006.jpg
    Aug22,2010 006.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 301
   / How to repair leak on GC2310 #38  
Any chance that you might post a link to the PDF file. Thanks, Rob
WEEELLL!! I don't know how to do that but I'll gladly e-mail it to ya, and you could do it., if that would be ok?
Just so everyone knows my steering control unit is a ospm50 ON,
150L2084 and it does not have two Ball bearings as indicated in the parts picture for the 520L0454. I put my unit back together with only one ball bearing #3 and the bearing stop #4.
I'm happy to say that the unit is working great and absolutely no leaks.

This was not a difficult job, just a little time consumming that's all.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #39  
Attached is a pdf file containing a schematic of the steering unit on a gc 2310 tractor. This was curtesy of Mac clarke

Attachments

• tractor_steering_unit.pdf
    913.8 KB · Views: 705
   / How to repair leak on GC2310 #40  
Hi folks,

Am looking to remove the steering motor and replace the seals. Problem is, I can't get the steering wheel off! I've removed the centre cap and nut, but the fekker won't budge. What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks!