Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 819
  • leak 1.jpg
    leak 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 560
   / How to repair leak on GC2310 #2  
It is hard to tell where it is leaking from. Have you tighten the connection? Is it leaking from the steering valve ,connection or the hose? When you turn the steering wheel with the tractor running can you see where it is leaking? Be careful it is under high pressure.

Doug

/ How to repair leak on GC2310
Thanks for the reply. It's dark out here and I didnt check well and assumed that it was the fitting. But it is not the fitting and when I turn the wheel I cant actuall see the oil coming out of anywhere but the neck has oil beed of oil coming down it. I'm not sure how to proceed to check any further. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• leak 3.jpg
    leak 3.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 486
   / How to repair leak on GC2310 #4  
I currently have the same leak and have just ordered a seal kit for the steering unit. It might be a few weeks before I get a chance to tear it apart, but I'll let you know how it goes. From the amount of grime insde my panels, it has been leaking for a long time, but I have never added any fluid to it.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310
If I watch my fluid level can I still run the machine?

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #6  
I suspect that mine has leaked since the day I bought it.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #7  
It looks like it may be coming from the seal around the steering wheel shaft. It should be OK to use if it is a slow weep. If it is coming from around the steering shaft then it would be to reseal the steering box. I guess I will have to quit using my steering wheel for a grab handle.

Doug

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #8  
Did the steering wheel get banged? Looks like the rear panel has some damage. I traded my GC2310 in with 500 hours, mine didn't have that problem. Hope you get the leak fixed easily. plowking

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #9  
It looks like the leak must either coming from the crimped fitting(s) on the end(s) of the hose(s), or else from the steering unit itself, called the "steering orbit roll" in the service manual, and the "steering controller" in the parts book (part# 4265075M92). The service manual description of removing the controller sounds fairly straightforward, but-- perhaps you could begin by having the hoses checked at a hydraulics shop? (I'd bet on the hose fittings.) It looks as though the steering controller is a non-fixable item.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #10  
tx2310 said:
I guess I will have to quit using my steering wheel for a grab handle.
Doug

That is a very good idea on any vehicle.

I have seen full size p/u trucks come in to my shop with the steering wheel ready to fall off. One brand in particular more than others. I won't mention their name. But, they are domestic, and its not Ford or Chevy. :rolleyes: