Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default How to repair leak on GC2310

Can someone give me step by step instructions to fix this leak. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to repair leak on GC2310-leak-jpg   How to repair leak on GC2310-leak-1-jpg  

Tractor
    GC 2310 (Mighty Mouse)

Default Re: How to repair leak on GC2310

It is hard to tell where it is leaking from. Have you tighten the connection? Is it leaking from the steering valve ,connection or the hose? When you turn the steering wheel with the tractor running can you see where it is leaking? Be careful it is under high pressure.

Doug

Thanks for the reply. It's dark out here and I didnt check well and assumed that it was the fitting. But it is not the fitting and when I turn the wheel I cant actuall see the oil coming out of anywhere but the neck has oil beed of oil coming down it. I'm not sure how to proceed to check any further. Any help would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to repair leak on GC2310-leak-3-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    GC 2610

I currently have the same leak and have just ordered a seal kit for the steering unit. It might be a few weeks before I get a chance to tear it apart, but I'll let you know how it goes. From the amount of grime insde my panels, it has been leaking for a long time, but I have never added any fluid to it.

If I watch my fluid level can I still run the machine?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    GC 2610

I suspect that mine has leaked since the day I bought it.

Tractor
    GC 2310 (Mighty Mouse)

It looks like it may be coming from the seal around the steering wheel shaft. It should be OK to use if it is a slow weep. If it is coming from around the steering shaft then it would be to reseal the steering box. I guess I will have to quit using my steering wheel for a grab handle.

Doug

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2009 MF 1531 TLB

Did the steering wheel get banged? Looks like the rear panel has some damage. I traded my GC2310 in with 500 hours, mine didn't have that problem. Hope you get the leak fixed easily. plowking

Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

It looks like the leak must either coming from the crimped fitting(s) on the end(s) of the hose(s), or else from the steering unit itself, called the "steering orbit roll" in the service manual, and the "steering controller" in the parts book (part# 4265075M92). The service manual description of removing the controller sounds fairly straightforward, but-- perhaps you could begin by having the hoses checked at a hydraulics shop? (I'd bet on the hose fittings.) It looks as though the steering controller is a non-fixable item.
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous vintage Japanese motorcycles

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Quote Originally Posted by tx2310
    I guess I will have to quit using my steering wheel for a grab handle.
    Doug
    That is a very good idea on any vehicle.

I have seen full size p/u trucks come in to my shop with the steering wheel ready to fall off. One brand in particular more than others. I won't mention their name. But, they are domestic, and its not Ford or Chevy.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast