snowblower for a 2310

/ snowblower for a 2310 #1  

pathman

Tractor
MF GC2310TLB
Hey guys I am looking for a snowblower for my 2310. I know we're right in the middlew of summer but... I have a local guy who is selling a 48" snowblower that was on his 2310, I'm just worried that the 48" is not wide enough. does anyone have a 48" that can say it works good enough to buy this one. This is a rear mounted snow blower that I'm looking at.

/ snowblower for a 2310 #2  
As long as the 48" blower is at least as wide as yur tractor's footprint, i think you'll be plenty happy. If your rear tires are wider than 48", look for a 54" unit.

/ snowblower for a 2310 #3  
48" should be close. but if not have a coulpe of wings welded on for the extra width.

/ snowblower for a 2310 #4  
48" is probably the most convenient size. The tractor fits within the width of the blower. A 60" won't speed things up unless your using it as a plow, and the extra weight will make steering control worse while backing up. I had my fronts foam filled for use with a 48". There is no real advantage IMO for a wider blower. A 60" would still take 3 passes to clear the driveway, and you'd always have to watch out for the extra width when going forward around objects.

Dennis

Attachments

• snowstorm feb14 2007 025.jpg
    snowstorm feb14 2007 025.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 337
   / snowblower for a 2310 #5  
DMW said:
48" is probably the most convenient size. The tractor fits within the width of the blower. A 60" won't speed things up unless your using it as a plow, and the extra weight will make steering control worse while backing up. I had my fronts foam filled for use with a 48". There is no real advantage IMO for a wider blower. A 60" would still take 3 passes to clear the driveway, and you'd always have to watch out for the extra width when going forward around objects.

Dennis

What kind & size of blower is that? When in Ontario are you? I am approx. 45 minutes north of Toronto.

We have a Buhler-Farm King 50" we bought with our 1523, back in March. After the winter we had last year, we are in no rush to try it out. :)

/ snowblower for a 2310 #6  
Dennis -- I don't know why, but that's the coolest picture I've seen in a long time. Such a nice clean cut through that snowdrift.

/ snowblower for a 2310 #7  
The 48" should be fine on the rear. The front mounted unit is called a 50" but if measures out closer to 48".

DEWFPO

/ snowblower for a 2310 #8  
Wombat125 said:
Dennis -- I don't know why, but that's the coolest picture I've seen in a long time. Such a nice clean cut through that snowdrift.

I'll second that statement. Not that I want to wish away summer, or get to the point where we are burning that more-precious-than-gold home heating oil....but there is something very cool (pun intended) about going out after a major winter storm and clearing the driveway in just a few passes, throwing the snow 30' off to the side. Argh, argh, argh! :D

It's almost as much fun as using the backhoe - and there are no mosquitoes, or deer ticks :eek: .

Jay

/ snowblower for a 2310 #9  
I'm just south of Hamilton. The blower is a 48" Agro-trend. Bought it with the tractor. The dealer (Brant Tractor) only had 48s and 60s at the time. It was a long winter, put in over 30 hours just blowing snow. Lots of open fields and sod farms around so the drifting can be bad. I found that Hydrostatic is great in deep snow, I was able to creep through drifts up to 2 feet high (heavy wet packing snow, not powder) . Me, I'm not wishing for winter until I can get a cab :)

Dennis

/ snowblower for a 2310 #10  
DMW said:
I'm just south of Hamilton. The blower is a 48" Agro-trend. Bought it with the tractor. The dealer (Brant Tractor) only had 48s and 60s at the time. It was a long winter, put in over 30 hours just blowing snow. Lots of open fields and sod farms around so the drifting can be bad. I found that Hydrostatic is great in deep snow, I was able to creep through drifts up to 2 feet high (heavy wet packing snow, not powder) . Me, I'm not wishing for winter until I can get a cab :)

Dennis

And how about warm up times? Minumum and maximun, how did it perform??