Help with new 1428v

/ Help with new 1428v #1  

akajun

Tractor
JD 4610, yanmar 155d
I just purchased a slightly used 1428v but did not get a owners manual with it. I have one on the way, but need some fluids info in the meantime.

What type of engine oil is required and what it the hours between oil changes. The temps in South LA run from 30 to 100 degrees.

What type hydraulic fluid goes in the gearcase and how many hours between changes?

What type gear oil goes in the front wheel drive axle?

Also any other tips specific to this tractor I should know.

/ Help with new 1428v
Also, will it pull a 5' boxblade? How about a 5 foot bushhog?

/ Help with new 1428v #3  
We have a 1523, but fluids should be the same. All diffs, tranny use Permantran, found at your local AGCO/MF dealer. As for oil, depending on weather, 10w30, and 15w40. I would use genuine AGCO/MF filters, your tractor deserves that.

How many hours?? You could use synthetics in the engine, since you are not the first owner, I would go with dino in the engine for the first change, and then switch to syn. Got Pics?

Welcome aboard.

Will

/ Help with new 1428v #4  
Shouldnt have a problem with the box blade, I've had an 84" one on the back of mine. Wouldnt want to try to do alot of digging with it, but with the scrafers up, pulled it fine. 5' bushhog "might" be pushing it, depends on the ground and what you are cutting. I run a 60" RFM on mine and no problems, even with the loader off, but the under carriage for the loader still adds some weight towards the front of the tractor. Overall I am very pleased with the tractor, was even able to lift a 88' alamo SHD flail mower, and was also able to run it on the yard, just two much for the tractor and figgured that it would just wear things out quicker.

Good luck with your 1428, I do like mine.

DuaneW.