HST pedal preference

/ HST pedal preference #1  

bill177

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
I have a 2300 and one of the deciding factors was the single treadle for forward and reverse. Great for loader work - in my opinion.

Any idea why Massey went with the dual pedals on the new 2600 series?

Maybe I am missing something, but I just do not see the advantage.

/ HST pedal preference #2  
Most people like the dual pedals. Not me, with my big feet I always end up hitting both. The rocker pedal was perfect. I think some just get it in their mind that dual pedals are better. It would be good to have a choice, but I think there are too many options as it is now.

/ HST pedal preference #3  
I guess I'm one of the few that actually like the rocker pedal setup as well.

DEWFPO

/ HST pedal preference #4  
I also like the rocker for loader work. I see no advantage to the 2 pedal for myself.

Doug

/ HST pedal preference #5  
I had a two pedal HST JD many years ago and liked it a lot. In fact, one of the few things that didn't thrill me about the 2310 was the single rocker pedal.

However, after using it for a little over a month (~ 25 hours) , I've changed my mind and like it a lot. It seems so easy and intuitive to use the toe/heel combo that if I were given the option of going back to a two pedal design, I would not.

Jay

/ HST pedal preference #7  
I preferred the single pedal on my 2310,however I had trouble putting enough pressure with my heal,if I had to back up any distance. My 1531 has two pedals,easier to push with toe,just have to get used to the change. plowking

/ HST pedal preference #8  
Just my opinion, but as far as the rocker pedal goes, I would think that it would be the best setup if it was comfortable for you. Bur since they get sold to a lot of different sized people, the positioning of the pedal may not fit everybody and how they like to set in the seat. I would think that the two pedal setup would accommodate the largest variety of people. I do not own a HST, but I have sat in a few and checked them out. I don't remember which brands were what, but I do remember that one brands rocker was comfortable and another's was not and that both that I had sat on that had two pedals were fine for me.

Just my observations while I have looked at tractors, I'm sure that you would get used to what ever you had bought.;)

/ HST pedal preference #10  
I have a rocker on my 2310, I like it. Also two pedals on my John deere I like it also.
rusty