MF 2350 Rollback angle

/ MF 2350 Rollback angle #1  

MEhorseFarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC2310
Has anyone else thought the rollback angle on the MF 2350 loader is a bit on the shallow side? I was clearing a ditch on my property last weekend and found myself chasing around clumps of sod and rocks I think I could have caught quicker with a steeper rollback angle on the bucket. The Kubota I used to have had a 29degree rollback and the MF only has 18 degrees. I was looking at the loader and trying to engineer a solution but thought I would pose the question to you folks to see if any of you know of someone who has already done the engineering.

I tried to contact Soo Tractor, who makes the loader, to ask if there was a kit available but the e-mail came back to me as delivery failed.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated

/ MF 2350 Rollback angle #2  
I too have found the rollback angle insufficient for good load containment. DEWFPO

/ MF 2350 Rollback angle #3  
I too have found the rollback angle insufficient for good load containment. DEWFPO

I suspect they deliberately limited the rollback, like many other things, in the interest of safety.

Keep in mind if the bucket were to roll back more in the down position, it will be spilling out the back as you raise it to the up position.

Considering the current rate people have been dropping logs, rocks, etc. out the back of the bucket, on their hoods, more rollback would be potentially disastrous.

/ MF 2350 Rollback angle
Thanks for the feedback, Ray. I do agree with you in some respects. When I first got this machine, I actually spilled some loam out of the back of the bucket onto my hood when I raised it too high. Even with the shallow rollback angle I was able to do this with a full bucket. I quickly learned my lesson and now pay more attention to the angle of the bucket when it is nearing the full up position.

My desire in being able to rollback the bucket more is actually two fold. 1). It is sometimes difficult to get the load in the bucket and 2) it is hard to keep the load in the bucket once I get it there. Item 2 concerns me the most because in an effort to keep the load in the bucket, I have to carry the load higher in the air, changing the center of gravity to the point where I feel the tractor is unbalanced. With a steeper rollback angle, I could carry the load closer to the ground, not risk losing some of the contents along the way and keep the tractor´s center of gravity lower, feeling more stable.

/ MF 2350 Rollback angle #5  
I have wondered if the size of the machine, loader frame, and bucket some how were also factors in the low roll back angle.

I suppose it would not be too difficult, modifying it to roll back more. Other than the fact that you will burn off some of your powder coating welding it up, it should be fairly easy.