GC2300 Issues

/ GC2300 Issues #1  

Xillim

Tractor
2004 MF GC2300
I am looking for a little help regarding some issues I am having with my 2004 MF 2300.

First, the muffler has snapped a few times, twice at the flange where it meets the motor, twice where the pipe comes out of the muffler, and my latest break..is the black bracket at the top of the motor where the muffler has 4 bolts attached to it. I have had these all rewelded...but I am sure it is going to happen again. Any thoughts? My dealer says they have never heard of it! I am using the tracto around the yard..nothing real heavy and not beating on it.

The rubber grommets that stabilize the steering wheel have basically disentagrated and have to be replaced the wheel is real sloppy.

Anyone have the same issues?? Oh yeah..while I am at it...the seat is a POS too...falling apart. Other than what I mentioned..this is a great tractor!! I look forward to any intel thats out there.

/ GC2300 Issues #2  
I also have a GC2300. I am having the same problems in the muffler area. My black bracket and pipe also broke and my steering wheel is starting to get lose. I have no real answer why the muffler and bracket is having problems I just thought I was asking this machine to do to much with the FEL and causing stress on the muffler assembly. I also found it to be a nice machine just to light for work around the chicken farm. I have traded it in on a GL3940 that should be delivered today or tommorow :D, I know its orange but to many hyd. problems with the 1500s. I still have my MF35 deluxe to keep me in the red family. I dont know if your doing any FEL work but that is what I feel my problem is. NC has some real hard clay.
P.S. watch that tail pipe mine came off any I didnt catch it soon enough and the exhaust melted my headlight assembly.

/ GC2300 Issues
I never thought about it being the FEL. There are obviously some type of torque issues maybe twisting the muffler and bracket.....but didnt think the FEL would do it..I do use it alot but nothing abusive.

Thanks for the info!!

/ GC2300 Issues #4  
First I've heard
of this on a GC 2300 or GC2310
I am looking for a little help regarding some issues I am having with my 2004 MF 2300.

First, the muffler has snapped a few times, twice at the flange where it meets the motor, twice where the pipe comes out of the muffler, and my latest break..is the black bracket at the top of the motor where the muffler has 4 bolts attached to it. I have had these all rewelded...but I am sure it is going to happen again. Any thoughts? My dealer says they have never heard of it! I am using the tracto around the yard..nothing real heavy and not beating on it.

The rubber grommets that stabilize the steering wheel have basically disentagrated and have to be replaced the wheel is real sloppy.

Anyone have the same issues?? Oh yeah..while I am at it...the seat is a POS too...falling apart. Other than what I mentioned..this is a great tractor!! I look forward to any intel thats out there.

/ GC2300 Issues #5  
I posted a few years ago about my muffler breaking. I continually had a crack in the outlet side between the muffler and the clamp. Before it went out of warranty, my dealer was nice enough to put a newer style "side exit muffler on mine and it worked great. I had the same problem with the steering wheel and had to change out my bushing. I thought it was because I used it as a handle, but since others are having problems, maybe the bushings are defective.

/ GC2300 Issues #6  
Same issues here with my 2004 gc2310. I called my dealer and regional rep, they gave me some credit towards the new style side exit muffler because my warranty expired. They wouldn't do anything for the steering wheel slop.
So I removed the rubber grommets/bushings from my steering wheel and hard mounted it. I may have a little more vibration, but I would rather have that than the sloppy wheel I had before.
No other troubles as of late....

/ GC2300 Issues #7  
Are you guys pulling on the steering wheel when you mount the tractor? I have seen customers who do this to get in their trucks; they all but break the wheel off.

Mine is a 2004, and I have not had any of the muffler, or steering wheel issues......yet.

/ GC2300 Issues #8  
Oh yeah..while I am at it...the seat is a POS too...falling apart. Other than what I mentioned..this is a great tractor!! I look forward to any intel thats out there.

I had my seat replaced on my 2005 because the seat was coming apart at the seams by the seat belts. My dealer replaced it free of charge. My exhaust goes out the side and no problems yet. I do grab the steering wheel to get on but no problems there yet but I only have 100 hours on mine, I guess I should quit that.

/ GC2300 Issues #9  
I do grab the steering wheel to get on but no problems there yet but I only have 100 hours on mine, I guess I should quit that.

That would be a very good idea. You can hold the wheel; just don't pull on it. It does take a lot of effort, at first, to stop pulling.

/ GC2300 Issues #10  
I'll admit I'm one of those using the seering wheel as a handle at times. I have also had to do some re-mounting on the steering wheel.