MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP!

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #1  

Workstead

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1010, MF 1250 with MF1246 Loader
I just unloaded my "new" tractor which is a 1998 MF1250 with MF1246 FEL and a KK box blade.

Everything works very well but it has been stored outside and most of the labels are unreadable. I know today what each lever, switch and knob is for but I have to sleep tonight and will probably forget which is which tomorrow. To save me having to learn everything again tomorrow I wonder if anyone has a diagram of each lever, switch and knob and how it operates, that you could send to me?

I would also like to get each of the manuals for this tractor because I will want to do a lot of cosmetic work in the months ahead. Do you have any looking for a new home?

Do you have a diagram of controls or can you give me a website that might have them to help this 68 year old newbie?

Thanks,

Clem
Jonesboro, AR

Last edited:
   / MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #2  
   / MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP!
Thanks, Jdeerekid. Good information.

I wonder if there is a web site with parts listed for various MF equipment?

Clem

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #4  
Thanks, Jdeerekid. Good information.

I wonder if there is a web site with parts listed for various MF equipment?

Clem

Do you have abn MF dealer locally?? If not, call one, and ask them to sign you up for AGCO Parts books online, or PM me and I will give you another address of another iste, where a dealer will hook you up. Once you are all set up, you can view alot of stuff online.

I just got 3 manuals for our 1523, all MF, and they were just under $100 for all 3.

Do you have abn MF dealer locally?? If not, call one, and ask them to sign you up for AGCO Parts books online, or PM me and I will give you another address of another iste, where a dealer will hook you up. Once you are all set up, you can view alot of stuff online.

I just got 3 manuals for our 1523, all MF, and they were just under $100 for all 3.

Hi Will,

Thanks for the information. I will call my MF dealer tomorrow.

I was hoping that someone with a 1250 would jump in and tell me what each lever is and especially what the gears are. It appears that there are 3 or 4 gears and 3 or 4 ranges. All of the tops of the knobs ane either missing or are worn off so I can't just read the positions. I know I will eventually get it but I sure would like to see an illustration. I'm a visual and used to write technical manuals early in my career so I know the value of manuals.

Thanks for the info.

Clem

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #6  
Hi Will,

Thanks for the information. I will call my MF dealer tomorrow.

I was hoping that someone with a 1250 would jump in and tell me what each lever is and especially what the gears are. It appears that there are 3 or 4 gears and 3 or 4 ranges. All of the tops of the knobs ane either missing or are worn off so I can't just read the positions. I know I will eventually get it but I sure would like to see an illustration. I'm a visual and used to write technical manuals early in my career so I know the value of manuals.

Thanks for the info.

Clem

Clem,

Be patient. I am pretty sure JerryG had a 1200 series MF. Once he chimes in, I am sure he will know.

Take care,

Will,

I called my dealer today and now have access to the online parts books. There apparently is a picture on each page which I am assumimg is the parts breakdown. I downloaded the plug in, but I still can't see any pictures :-(

Clem

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #8  
Clem,
Here is a scan from the MF1250 owners manual. I hope it helps. If you need anything else feel free to let me know. I'm not on everyday but I will check and help when I can.
MF1250 Platform Area
Click on the picture and then you can read everything.

Last edited:
   / MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #9  
Clem,
You might try your dealer. Massey dealers normally charge less for original manuals that any other brand of tractor manufacture and they are much better manuals than available from other sources.
BTW, Don't waste you money on after market manuals, they are not worth the ink to print them.

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #10  
Clem,
You might try your dealer. Massey dealers normally charge less for original manuals that any other brand of tractor manufacture and they are much better manuals than available from other sources.
BTW, Don't waste you money on after market manuals, they are not worth the ink to print them.

I second that. We just got 3 manuals for our 1523, all for under $100.