Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 4000 diesel

Default MF 1030 2wd good tractors?

I am looking at a used 1030 2wd with a little over 3000 hours, my questions are they good tractors? who made them some company in Japan I think? What do you think the life expectince is of a 93 model that looks to be taken care of except for needing some fresh paint. I am looking for a tractor to use in the woods for bushogging and to pull a small disk to plant some food plots. How satisfied are yall with the overall performance.

thanks Matt

Tractor
    massey furguson 1030

yes good tractors , ive got a 86 10-30 and its a good tractor

Tractor
    massy ferguson 1030

Default Re: MF 1030 2wd good tractors?

I have a 1987 MF1030. It does a fantastic job on my 7 acre home site

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Default Re: MF 1030 2wd good tractors?

I believe the 1030 was built by Hinomoto which is based in Japan. If it is like the 1010 it should have a Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel engine in it. I used to have a Simplicity 9518 (same as MF 1010) and was going to get it running but after spending over $600 on the injection pump plus numerous other parts I sold it and cut my losses. Parts shouldn't be too hard to get, yeah you will have trouble getting transmission parts but i am sure MF could get most any part for that model. 3000 hours is quite a bit for a small diesel, once they hit 2000 they get harder to cold start and you will start to replace parts every so often. Unless it is a super good price I would keep my eye out for a lower houred machine with 4wd, you will find 2wd to be very limiting. Just my
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club