GC 2410 - Anyone else with this problem?

/ GC 2410 - Anyone else with this problem? #1  

bmarian

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem with their GC 2410? I started it up yesterday morning and it had 1.2 hours on it and when I checked last night it had 4.7 hours? I know that I only used the tractor for less than 1/2 hour yesterday???

I did learn from the owners manual that:
"Hours are calculated at 1800 rpm average for GC2400/GC2410 and at 2330 rpm average for GC2600/GC2610". I was surprised at the 1800 rpm it seemed a little lower than I thought.

I fired the tractor up at about noon and unloaded the box scraper from the bucket. Then there was this little hill in the backyard that I have always hated so away it went! A friend of mine showed up and he of course wanted to try it out too. When we stopped the tractor had 1.6 hours on it. So, how can I explain the missing 3.1 hours? Seriously, my father-in-law has been a heavy equipment operator for almost 40 years and he spent a couple running "backhoe school" for my wife. She was in the seat for over 2 hours playing with the backhoe at about 1500 rpm. I had gotten one of my Wheel Horse tractors out to pull my small disc and that's where I stayed for the rest of the day.

I did manage to capture a couple of priceless pictures that I have attached. My mom should be proud - I shared my toys yesterday.

Bruce

Attachments

• DSCN1981.jpg
    DSCN1981.jpg
    749.5 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCN1979.jpg
    DSCN1979.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 323
   / GC 2410 - Anyone else with this problem? #2  
Hmmm. Let's review: you let your wife use the tractor and then suddenly it has more hours on it than you expected?

Go figure. :rolleyes: :D

/ GC 2410 - Anyone else with this problem? #3  
Quite simple--He doesn't have password protection on the tractor, anyone can use it without registering hrs!!!