MF baler 124

/ MF baler 124 #1  

Lone Wolf

Tractor
Kobota
Bought this baler and twice the needle has bent like it hit something. Had to buy a needle as there was only 1 with the baler to start with. Right needle figured out it was hitting slightly on the body as it come between the opening slit before the knotter. Bought a new needle then 15 bales later the Left needle bends along wiht a broken chain. The chain connectes to the counter sproket, chain upon exam had 3 chain link connector like it was pieced together (unless they come that way). So ofter 2 bent needles, broken chain and $$$ to the local MF dealership I still don't have a working baler and spring is coming soon in Florida. Any suggestion on what is bending the needles? Nobody here including the service man at the dealership knows why except for the check I keep giving him, :(. Hope somebody knows what is going on, would appreicate it. Thanks

/ MF baler 124 #2  
I've got the same baler, though I'm definitely not knowledgeable enough to help. I would post this in this forum:Ag Tractors & Machinery - TractorByNet.com
A lot of guys that hay there, I'll bet you get some help.

/ MF baler 124
Thanks, appreicate the info, I moved it as suggested

/ MF baler 124 #4  
look for a crack in the needle yoke it could be that the needle will line up when there is not hay in the bale chamber but when the needle trys to penetrate the hay to tie the knot the resistance of the hay can shift the needle enough to bend the needle. a bent needle yoke or a needle yoke with a crack in it can cause this.You can check the needle to plunger timing but if this is not right it should bend both needles at the same time. also if the timing is wrong a stop should stop the plunger and only shear a bolt in the flywheel. Hope this can be of some help.