1529 power beyond

/ 1529 power beyond #1  

shutt40

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1529
Hi
Anyone know how to connect power beyond to a 1529 with the factory installed joystick. The joystick valve connects directly to the hydraulic block on the side of the trans so the normal power beyond port is not available. On the bottom of the valve there are 6 ports four are used for the loader and two are plugged. I am assuming the two plugged ports are for the power beyond feature, but I could be wrong. There are no other ports on the valve and no lettering cast into the valve body beside any of the ports.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Frank

/ 1529 power beyond
Ok a little more info
There is an input block on the trans that the line from the pump goes into. The factory loader valve is then bolted to the input block and does not appear to have any input or output lines just work ports. On the top of the input block is a hard line that goes to the rear-end / 3pt. That is probably where I'll have to attach for power beyond the connection at the input block is a threaded port however the connection at the 3pt is a block with 2 bolts, not sure if that is the best description, but it will be hard to make a connection there. I could cut the line and have a fitting welded on, but I'd like to be sure if that is the proper connection before I do anything.
What do the experts think?
Frank

/ 1529 power beyond
Bump
Is there nobody out there with a 1529 or 32 that has power beyound or aux hydraulics?

Frank

/ 1529 power beyond #4  
Frank
I have been researching the same thing for my 1532.... Here's what I think. If you look on the tranny/rearend housing behind your passenger rear tire you will see a triangular plate attached with three bolts. I believe this is the connection point for the auxiliary hydraulics but... you need the adapter plate. This may not be correct though. we need one of the dealers here to step in and lead us in the right direction and perhaps provide a part# (if i'm right)
I have narrowed it down to this because of my old 1984 Bolens (made by Iseki). I have a manual for the snowblower that also shows you how to hookup the auxiliary hydraulics to use them for the chute controls. I don't think the valves on or tractors are power beyond compatible.
I have asked my salesman and he didn't know, the parts guy can only sell me the dual remote kit and the tech I had come to my house said he thought I was right but had never installed one of the kits (He thought he noticed one of the other mechanics removing the plate in question)

Once you have the adaptor block it simply a matter of running the supply and return to your new valves.

Anybody out there with a 1529, 1532, 1533 or? and you have rear remotes please follow your hoses and let us know.

BTW, my dealer wants around $1000 CAD for the kit not installed. The kit gives you all the nice handles and brackets so you get a "factory" install but I figure I can do this myself for around $400.

/ 1529 power beyond
Marc
I looked at that plate as well, it does look like it has a hydraulic passage running through it. If that is the case we may be limited to buying the rear remote kit or a power beyond kit. I was quoted $525 CDN for a single remote, I need to call back and get a quote for the power beyond kit.
Image 1 is a 1529/32 without the factory valve

Image 2, 3 are a 1547 with a factory valve, that is why I was looking at the hard line that goes from behind the factory valve to the 3pt. You'll notice it also has the plate on the side and that may well be for remotes, but not for power beyond.

I'm going to have to remove that line to see if a fitting can be installed at the 3pt end. However before I install hydraulic lines and set it up I was hoping someone could confirm my hookup. I guess there are not allot of 1500s with the factory valve setup.
Frank

Attachments

• image002.gif
    image002.gif
    237.8 KB · Views: 1,259
  • image004.gif
    image004.gif
    208.9 KB · Views: 847
  • image006.gif
    image006.gif
    223.5 KB · Views: 1,107
   / 1529 power beyond #6  
It hoos up just like a 1547 you have pictured. the power beyond ports are on the end plate of your loader valve.

/ 1529 power beyond #7  
I believe if we were to go the route with the block on the tranny then we don't need the power beyond? I wish I had a hydraulic schematic for the tractor; the operators manual tells you nothing about the hydraulics but does have a good electrical schematic though.

This power beyond thing baffles me. I take it that essentially "power beyond" allows flow through the primary valve to another control source while not interfering with the function of the primary valve? Does it stop flow to the "power beyond" when the primary valve is actuated?

i still don't quite understand why you can't tee ito the supply line and return line and add a valve there but am slwoly learning that these systems are open loop as opposed to closed loop. In my business (plumbing and heating) we are dealing with closed loop systems all the time so tap-ins are common.

/ 1529 power beyond
Marc
From what I understand, someone correct me if I'm wrong, a power beyond adapter isolates the open center portion of a hydraulic valve from the return. When the valve is not doing anything the hydraulic fluid flows to the next valve by the power beyond port. When you use the valve, hydraulic fluid is diverted to the work cylinder and there is no fluid for the power beyond, returning fluid from the cylinder goes back out the return line of the valve with no pressure. If you want to have pressurized hydraulic fluid to 2 functions at once the valve needs to have internal parallel hydraulic passages, power beyond will not do that. Sometimes the second valve is hooked up to the return line of the first valve without a power beyond adapter. This will sort of allow you to use both valves at the same time, the problem is the return from the first valve will be pressurized by the second valves input
Frank

/ 1529 power beyond
Marc
You are correct! I got my power beyond adapter plate, Massey likes to call it a manifold block, and installed it today. Part number for the kit is 4238611 it was $320 CDN. I just got the manifold block part number 1080516M1 it was only $120 CDN. Still kinda pricey but the extra 200 just gets you some 3/8 hose and quick couplers. Here are some pics of the manifold and installation
Also a shot of my backhoe on it's first test installation still have some fine tuning to do to the mount.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 1,347
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 1,394
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 833
  • DSCF0001 (2).JPG
    DSCF0001 (2).JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 1,871
  • DSCF0005 (2).JPG
    DSCF0005 (2).JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 1,604
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 1,154
  • DSCF0006 (2).JPG
    DSCF0006 (2).JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 1,189
   / 1529 power beyond #10  
Great News!
Thanks for the part numbers I will have to make a call and see what they cost around here! Amazing that a 20 year old manual for my old Bolens/Iseki gave me the right idea and what to look for. I was quoted over a $1000 CAD for a dual remote kit but that included the valves, hoses, the manifold and the nice levers that all match. I have seen some posts here where guys have mounted the valves on their roll bar and may do something like that instead.

Nice job on that backhoe mount too!!