GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #1  

jetwoz

Tractor
GC2310
Just bought a 2006 GC 2310 and have a dumb question. How do you release the hood. When I bought the tractor yesterday the owner opened the hood and now I can't find the release. Yes I read the entire operator's manual and the only reference to opening the hood that I found simply said "To open the hood: lift up the hood at the rear end." Help where is the release?

Last edited:
   / GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner
The book was right I just didn't pull up hard enough!

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #3  
You could try a bit of grease on the flexible clips/pins.... I did; it helped a bit, but it's still a good yank needed to lift the thing! (On the otehr hand, it doesn't rattle around, either, does it? :D)

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #4  
They do have a tight fit but they do work.

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #5  
The real trick is remembering to put the brush guard back up, after closing the hood. :eek:

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #6  
Put the brush gaurd back up? Is that an older feature? My brush gaurd is not hinged.

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #7  
Put the brush gaurd back up? Is that an older feature? My brush gaurd is not hinged.

Apparently it is, mine is the original model, and it must be lowered to open the hood.

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #8  

My 2006 was hinged. If I didn't move it forward/down, I couldn't open the hood very far.

DEWFPO

/ GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #9  
Interesting-- my 2310 is not hinged ('07), but I saw where the new 2410/2610's are... didn't know earlier models had the hinge feature. You can see where mine leans out far enough toward the front that raising the hood's not a porblem.

Attachments

• without FEL, bh.JPG
    without FEL, bh.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 682
   / GC 2310 hood release is hiding from the owner #10  
There are apparently different types of hood guards that can be added to the 2300 by the dealer. I've even seen some that had the MF cut into the steel. I don't know which one is actually the OE MF part.

DEWFPO