Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #1  

Terry T

Tractor
Ford 8N & Massey Ferguson Industrial
I have no clue about this tractor only that it followed me home last week. You know the deal that is too good to be true. Anyways my problem is "what is it?" and what is the fluid that it used for the "shuttle shift?" I was told reg. trans fluid? and for the perkins 4 cylinder engine, what filters or service info is out their? Thanks for your time and help.
Terry T (Niagara Falls, Canada)

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 3,389
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 5,977
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2,429
  • Picture 21.jpg
    Picture 21.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,603
  • Picture 22.jpg
    Picture 22.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,719
  • Picture 24.jpg
    Picture 24.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 2,625
  • Picture 32.jpg
    Picture 32.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 705
  • Picture 28.jpg
    Picture 28.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2,181
   / Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #2  
I looked at tractordata.com but they don't have much info listed about industrial tractors. They have the models listed just no info. I'm sure Farmwithjunk will probably be able to help you out on this one. Look for any tags with serial / model #s.

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial
Serial plate says 9A 97639 but no one has that number listed? The cab is a after market i found out , MF didnt make cabs then? Im starting to think I made a mistake in letting this tractor follow me home. My wife keeps saying " stop bringing home all the strays". Thanks for your help.
Terry T (Niagara Falls, Canada)

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial
Thanks so much, i so want to start working on this tractor butfirst things first. Owners manual, so many filters so little time. Then what type of fluid does a shuttle shifter take, leaked most of it out and hard to stear as well. Big and ugly but with a little love, and some paint it will be as pretty as my 8N. Thanks again for your help, i check this site 2-3 times a day waiting for some one to help me.
Terry T
(Niagara Falls Canada)

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #6  
Trans and Diff Extreme pressure Transmission oil Conforming to Massey

Ferguson Spec # M-1129 Filters Napa or Massey dealer can match up

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #7  
I have a 30E A little smaller machine . Industrial TLB shuttle shift .
The transmission takes MF Permatran III. There are any number of cross over oils. Just read the can and look for Permatran III. It is not straight hydraulic oil. My machine takes almost 15 gal between transmission and rear end. This spring I will do the 1000 hr change for the first time and I never expect to do it again. I know a fair amount about the machine , yours is older I think but maybe I can help. MF ag is now owned by Agro. MF industrial is owned by Terex. The local MF ag dealer here told me he can get me any parts I need.

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #8  
picture of mine

Attachments

• MF30E.jpg
    MF30E.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,626
   / Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #9  
The transmission takes regular red automatic transmission fluid.
If the steering is stiff look on the right hand side of the engine at the front and see if there is a small pump driven by the fan belt, this will be the power steering pump if it has one fitted. Turn the steering wheel one complete revolution to the left, remove the filler cap and check the fluid level in the steering pump reservoir, it should be filled to the bottom of the neck with the same red transmission oil.
It is a long time since I worked on a MF50 so I can't remember the filter numbers but you should be able to take them out and have them matched up at a filter suppliers.

/ Need Help Please !!!! MF 50? industrial #10  
If the steering is stiff look on the right hand side of the engine at the front and see if there is a small pump driven by the fan belt, this will be the power steering pump if it has one fitted. Turn the steering wheel one complete revolution to the left, remove the filler cap and check the fluid level in the steering pump reservoir, it should be filled to the bottom of the neck with the same red transmission oil.
It is a long time since I worked on a MF50 so I can't remember the filter numbers but you should be able to take them out and have them matched up at a filter suppliers.

Good call, Paul. That usually cures heavy steering in our MF50 Industrial.

It's been a good starter, after some kids left the tank cover open and we got a dose of water through it and that upset the pump.

Also, I'm about to fit a front end loader to ours. It's from a Ford 5000 industrial and on the Ford, the main pump was driven from a tlke off in the bellhousing and a driveshaft ran along to the pump behind and to the left of the driver's seat. I suspect the MF 50s used a front mounted pump, probably driven through the hole in the front axle pivot.

Can anyone confirm that, please? Also. where was the hydraulic tank located?